Craig
Lapeer

Washington

Which cities are most affordable to live in Washington state?

My girlfriend and I are one day planning on moving to Washington state as we've been dreaming to live there for a long time now. About a year ago we've started meeting people left and right who were from Washington and all have said so many good things about it. We currently live in Michigan and can't wait to leave so this ended up helping us decide where we're going to end up.

We're trying to plan out which areas in WA are affordable and relatively good for general job opportunities. Our first step in planning is to find a nice/decent city preferably an hour or two drive away from Bellevue and Seattle.

So considering cost of living and apartment rent with utilities and such, where do you think would be a good city to live while we one day start a new life in Washington?

Extra info: 

• My girlfriend is a 2D digital artist aspiring to be a manga/comic artist and I'm aspiring to be a 3D digital artist for video game assets.
  • We're currently attempting to save a total of $5000 for at least a few month's rent, food, utilities, etc.
  • We definitely like the idea of city life although we prefer to live near the edge of any city or in suburbs outside of one nearby. 

If you need more info to answer this fairly broad question feel free to ask!

Sarah from Seattle

Well avoid, Seattle! It's getting up there in pricing. I would look into Bellingham or Richland (Washington).

1. Bellingham (attraction)
  2. Richland (Washington) (city)