Andreas
Manhattan

Washington, DC

Restaurants for business meetup & solo dining

I'm coming to D.C. for a work thing and would appreciate some suggestions for nicer restaurants for business meetups, and also any restaurants across the board that would be good for dining by myself.  Thanks!

Laura

I lived in DC for a few years and these were my favorite spots:

Café Bonaparte in Georgetown. Best crepes in town, in my opinion.

2 Amys is more on the casual side, but has the best Naepolitan pizza in town. Consistently ranked a top spot. 

Hope this helps!

1. 2 Amys (restaurant)
  2. Café Bonaparte (restaurant)

maretta from Washington, DC

One of my absolute favorite places to eat is Founding Farmers. It is over in the GWU area near Foggy Bottom area. The food is all farm to table, they have craft cocktails and its got a lively bar scene full of people doing business dinners. It may not be the place to eat by yourself but definitely if your with a group. Reservations are needed if you go around 7 but if you go earlier for happy hour you usually can get a table walk in around 5. I recommend the popcorn of the day, the farm breads and any of their burgers/pasta dishes.  Founding Farmers

1. Founding Farmers (restaurant)
  2. Foggy Bottom (attraction)

There are too many restaurants in DC.  Unfortunately, I don't get to eat out there much, but the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (next to the International Spy Museum) is nice for business or pleasure.  The ambience is great, the food excellent, and the prices are decent too.

My favorite burger is at the Burger Joint at Dupont Circle

1. International Spy Museum (attraction)
  2. Dupont Circle (attraction)
  3. Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (attraction)

Jon from Alexandria (Virginia)

For a business meet up or just to have some amazing food, I would suggest Rose's Luxury and Rasika.  For Solo spots to checkout on your own I would suggest Toki Underground or Oyamel Cocina Mexicana

1. Rose's Luxury (restaurant)
  2. Rasika (restaurant)
  3. Toki Underground (restaurant)
  4. Oyamel Cocina Mexicana (restaurant)

Roberta from Los Angeles

I love Il Canale in Georgetown

1. Il Canale (restaurant)

Andrew from Minneapolis

J&G Steakhouse

J&G Steakhouse has lovely food–the salmon, oysters, lobster are all terrific... Great service too. Jaleo is Jose Andres' famed tapas and paella restaurant is worth the hype and Minibar By José Andrés is his other place that's pretty much a lab for avant-guarde cuisine, where every bite is a work of art. With only 6 seats, be sure to make a reservation in advance.  The Source is another good one. Scott Drewno is really doing some cool stuff there.

Ben's Chili Bowl is a good one for solo dining. An edible cliche for sure, but the chili cheese fries are awesome.

1. J&G Steakhouse (restaurant)
  2. Jaleo (restaurant)
  3. Minibar By José Andrés (restaurant)
  4. The Source (restaurant)
  5. Ben's Chili Bowl (restaurant)

Terry from Washington, DC

In addition to The Source which has been mentioned, other options downtown would include Central Michel Richard and Graffiato.  Also check out all the new places on 14th St NW in Logan Circle.  My favorites are Le DiplomateEl Centro D.F., and Estadio.

1. The Source (restaurant)
  2. Central Michel Richard (restaurant)
  3. Graffiato (restaurant)
  4. Le Diplomate (restaurant)
  5. El Centro D.F. (restaurant)
  6. Estadio (restaurant)

Alisa from Charleston (West Virginia)

Doi Moi if you want great pan-Asian fare.

1. Doi Moi (restaurant)

Annemarie from New York City

There are probably a gazillion restaurants in DC but everytime I visit I go to Urbana at Hotel Palomar Washington DC. It's modern Italian food with a killer wine list and enough medium-plate appetizers that you never even have to see an entree if you go with friends or family. I've enjoyed both solo and group dinners at this place and I love their drink menu. It's my favorite restaurant in the entire city.

1. Hotel Palomar Washington DC (hotel)
  2. Urbana (attraction)