Annemarie

Annemarie from New York City asked

Lounge for a meetup?

Is there a quiet bar or lounge in DC where I could meet with some business colleagues and share some mixed drinks on a Friday evening? Coming in from Arlington so we can take a cab to any part of the city.

Washington, DC

Faheem from Washington, DC

My go-to place in DC is  Bar Dupont in the  The Dupont Circle Hotel  It is just on the north end of the circle and has large floor to ceiling windows that.  The atmosphere is quiet enough for a conversation, but not so quiet that you feel that you are in a library.

Another great place to take business contacts is P.O.V. Roof Terrace and Lounge on the roof of the  W Washington DC, which has a great view of the white house and the signature Strawberry Lemonade.

If you are looking for good cocktails, try  Lincoln at Thomas Circle, which has the floor tiled in pennies and serves drinks in Mason Jars.  Thomas Circle is the starting point of the 14th Street Corridor and there a ton of great restaurants and bars on 14th Street between N and U Streets. One of my favorite places for cocktails is  Pearl Dive Oyster Palace and their upstairs bar  Black Jack.  

Courtney
These sound great!

Annemarie
Thanks Faheem!

1. Bar Dupont (attraction)
  2. The Dupont Circle Hotel (hotel)
  3. P.O.V. Roof Terrace and Lounge (attraction)
  4. W Washington DC (hotel)
  5. Lincoln (restaurant)
  6. Pearl Dive Oyster Palace (restaurant)
  7. Black Jack (attraction)
Liz from Washington

You could check out 1905 Bistro and Bar1905's bar.  It'll be pretty quiet and laid back and their bar tender is awesome.  http://www.1905dc.com/

I would also recommend the Tabard Inn.  They'll have a fireplace going this time of year and it is really cozy.  http://www.tabardinn.com/

Annemarie
Thanks Liz. I went on that trip already, but I'm always in the DC area and I'll save this for next time!

1. 1905 Bistro and Bar (restaurant)
  2. Tabard Inn (hotel)
Terry from Washington, DC

In addition to all the great places that have been recommended, I would add Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar. They have a nice upstairs lounge area for happy hour.  If you are in the mood for strong vodka drinks, then check out Russia House.  

1. Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar (restaurant)
  2. Russia House (attraction)