Annemarie

Washington, DC

Co-working spaces or wifi in DC?

I'm taking a short trip to DC and would prefer to work from a live space than the inside of my hotel room. Anyone know of either great spots with free wifi or a good co-working spot?

Allie from Buenos Aires

I'm in Washington, DC this week and worked every day from wifi coffee shops, but it was hard to find one with fast wifi and outlets. I ended up going to: Chinatown Coffee Company, Port City Java, Le Pain Quotidien, Peregrine Espresso. I loved working inside the courtyard at the National Portrait Gallery, but there aren't any outlets so go fully charged. 

1. Washington, DC (city)
  2. Chinatown Coffee Company (restaurant)
  3. Port City Java (restaurant)
  4. Le Pain Quotidien (restaurant)
  5. Peregrine Espresso (restaurant)
  6. National Portrait Gallery (attraction)

Teresa from San Antonio

There are Starbucks and other cafes/etc on most every corner with free wifi.  Also, I think the entire Mall (the outside from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol) now has free wifi.  There are benches in the shade but if you're going in the summer, might still be too hot and humid outside.  I think that the Smithsonian Museums may have free wifi as well.  I remember spending the afternoon at the Freer Museum of Art and there were LOTS of comfy, oversized chairs in great, quiet locations with art (and bathrooms and food) all around you.  You should have no trouble connecting and working from wherever.   Georgetown (Washington DC) is great too--you can take the Circulator (a bus with different routes) for $1 and hang out at Dean and DeLuca with a coffee and breakfast listening to French music :-) There's also a la Madeleine Country French Café near there with indoor seating facing the road.  You can eat a light meal and work with free wifi at the same time :-) Also, the libraries are another great place (air conditioned) to hang out and work with free wifi.  The one in Georgetown is a favorite and there is a little park at the top of a hill (I think it is actually called " Book Hill Park ") that I absolutely LOVE!  Great views from up there as well.

1. Georgetown (Washington DC) (neighborhood)
  2. la Madeleine Country French Café (restaurant)
  3. Book Hill Park (attraction)