Washington, DC

What is your favorite restaurant in Washington, DC?

Heading to Washington, DC and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Kim from Fairfax

If you have children, actually even if you don't, you MUST go to the GCDC Grilled Cheese Bar. It sounds crazy to pay $12 for a grilled cheese sandwich! But I'm telling ya, you'll leave a happy person.  

Beyond the menu, the staff is friendly and personal. If you have the chance to meet the owner, ask him how he came up with the idea for the restaurant.  

If you have children, don't let the "bat scene" scare you. And be certain to check their hours! Closed Sundays, Satirdays are dinner only. During the week they close between lunch and dinner.

1. GCDC Grilled Cheese Bar (restaurant)

Edgar from Washington, DC

If you like Ramen, the best place in DC is Sakuramen Ramen Bar  in Adams Morgan. To my opinion it's my favorite ramen place in DC, for the following reasons:

- Options in the menu are not too many, which makes it easy to pick but still all of the options are all pretty good and you can add extra ingredients to your selection.

- The service is great and super friendly. 

- It's in Adams Morgan, giving you access to other bars/attractions.

If you plan to go, be ready to make a line, I don't think the make reservations.

1. Sakuramen Ramen Bar (restaurant)
  2. Adams Morgan (attraction)

R from Fredericksburg

1. Founding Farmers (restaurant)

Casey from Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hill Country Barbecue Market DC is delicious and has a great atmosphere if you're a bbq fan :)

1. Hill Country Barbecue Market DC (restaurant)

Roberta from Los Angeles

I can personally vouch for Restaurant EveRasikaand Tosca. Also if you want something casual, try 2 Amys for some of the best pizza ever!

1. Restaurant Eve (restaurant)
  2. Rasika (restaurant)
  3. Tosca (restaurant)
  4. 2 Amys (restaurant)

Allison from Brooklyn

There are so many great restaurants in DC! It depends a little bit on your neighborhood and how much you are trying to spend, but here are some of my favorites spanning a bit of a range of types of food and prices: Compass Rose (get the khachapuri - it's essentially a bread boat filled with warm gooey cheese and egg), SUNdeVICH for their amazing sandwiches, Farmers Fishers Bakers (their brunch buffet is on the pricier side but absolutely delicious and you won't need to eat for the rest of the day), Silo Restaurant (for its neighborhood vibe), Zenebech Injera (I had never had Ethiopian food until moving here, but its so good and delicious), and ZaytinyaZaytinya (honestly, you can't go wrong with anything on this menu). Hope this helps and give you many options!

1. Compass Rose (restaurant)
  2. SUNdeVICH (restaurant)
  3. Farmers Fishers Bakers (restaurant)
  4. Silo Restaurant (restaurant)
  5. Zenebech Injera (restaurant)
  6. Zaytinya (restaurant)