Charlie

Washington, DC

Places to eat in DC for a group of guys

I'm heading to Washington DC with a group of guys on a golf trip. Anybody got a good restaurant recommendation for 8 straight guys?

Terry from Washington, DC

There are a number of places in DC that can be good for a group of 8 guys.  To start off with a general recommendation, I would say check out any of the restaurants along 14th Street NW between N st and U st. You will definitely want to make a reservation in this area as it's currently one of the most popular neighborhoods in the city.  A couple favorites that come to mind on 14th Street are El Centro D.F.. El Centro has great food and an even better tequila list. Another location just up the street would be matchbox 14th st .  For something a little different you might check out Teddy & The Bully Bar.  They do a $49 tasting menu of farm to table american style food. They also do great classic cocktails but also have a nice wine and beer list. If you are in the mood for southern food then check out Eatonville.  

1. El Centro D.F. (restaurant)
  2. matchbox 14th st (restaurant)
  3. Teddy & The Bully Bar (restaurant)
  4. Eatonville (restaurant)

Matt

Hey Charlie, depending what type of food you guys are looking for I might give Bistrot Du Coin a try. It's a Belgian/French restaurant with an energetic atmosphere, good food (think, Steak Frites, and wine and beer), just get a reservation ahead of time. If you don't care if it's a chain, Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse is always a great choice for 8 hungry guys. Bourbon Steak is one of my favorite restaurants in DC and could certainly accommodate you guys but is on the pricier side. Good luck!

1. Bistrot Du Coin (restaurant)
  2. Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse (restaurant)
  3. Bourbon Steak (restaurant)

Well, as wrong as this may be, when I think of "group of guys," I think beer. If you fall into that stereotype, then Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is really good. The food, portion size, price, ambiance, and beer selection is all great and it's a large enough place to comfortably serve your group.

1. Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (attraction)

Lincoln from Dallas, Texas

1. CIRCA at Dupont (restaurant)
  2. Farmers Fishers Bakers (restaurant)
  3. Clyde's of Georgetown (attraction)

Emily from Los Angeles

People don't say it often, but I think the food scene in DC is awesome. 

Two of my favorite places (that can seat 8) are:

1. Oyamel Cocina Mexicana.  I live in Los Angeles now, but I still crave the awesome Mexican food at Oyamel.

2. Hank's Oyster Bar is another favorite for bigger groups.  I don't even like oysters, but there's something for everyone at this place....like fried chicken - yum!!

1. Oyamel Cocina Mexicana (restaurant)
  2. Hank's Oyster Bar (restaurant)

Maria from Fort Worth

1. Fish Market (restaurant)
  2. Bullfeathers (restaurant)
  3. United States Capitol (attraction)

Elizabeth from Minneapolis

Check out Right Proper Brewing Company for great food and interesting beers!

1. Right Proper Brewing Company (attraction)

Kristen from Los Angeles

1. P.O.V. Roof Terrace and Lounge (attraction)