Shano
Wisconsin

Shano from Wisconsin asked

Best hotel to stay at in DC?

Hi. I am traveling with my family and some extended family to Washington D.C. this summer.  For most it will be the first time . I am a bit overwhelmed by the area options and recommendations.  We plan to spend a great deal of time touring monuments.  Here is what I am looking for:

*A hotel conveniently located for touring sites

*Free shuttle service from Ronald Reagan Airport

*Complimentary Breakfast

*Of course nice and clean

I'm not too concerned on price by under $300 a night for a double queen (large party, we'll be in several rooms) would be ideal.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Washington, DC

Roberta from Los Angeles

I can't recommend a hotel that satisfies all of your desires, but can offer the following:  First, there is an excellent metro system in DC, that stops at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (also known as Reagan, but we locals still call it National).  Most people use the metro. For lodging, any of the Kimpton Hotels are nice, clean, friendly, and have coffee in the morning.  There are 8 in the DC area, so you have a choice of locations. 

Polly
Kimpton Hotels are great - good advice, Roberta!

Faheem from Washington, DC

I don't know any of the prices for the hotels, but the Kimpton Hotels (The Donovan for example) are pretty nice.

I think that the best go-to hotel given the price and location is One Washington Circle Hotel as it is close to Georgetown, one block from Foggy Bottom (Blue/Orange/ Silver lines) and fair spacious.

Thomas from Baltimore

I suggest you consider Air BnB with Uber or a Taxi door to door (a taxi is around 20$ into downtown).  You could also stay in other close places like Arlington (Virginia) to save some money.