alastair
Wanaka

alastair from Wanaka asked

Any Affordable place for staying in Wanaka?

I am planning a trip to New Zealand. What should I do and where should I stay on a budget in Wanaka?

Wanaka (New Zealand)

james from Newzealand

Hello,

If you find any difficulty for staying over there, you should prefer rental service. One of the reliable rental service providers that I know in Wanaka is Room on Rent which provides room with affordable price for the people. Whether you want to rent a room in Wanaka, Queenstown or Frankton, try rent a room where you can easily accomplish your requirement. For detail info visit: http://www.rentaroom.org.nz/

1. Wanaka (city)
  2. Queenstown (city)
  3. Frankton (attraction)
Nardine from Tamworth (England)

HI Alastair

Wanaka is amazing, which direction will you be coming from?

If you've not planned it already I would highly recommend coming down the west coast.

There are some good walks/hikes/tramps in and around Wanaka. It's popular for helicopter rides, and some of the extreme activities that are popular in Queenstown but at a slightly milder pace.

Stuart Landsborough's Puzzling World is a great place to visit too.

We stayed at Wanaka Hotel for NZ$89. It's an older hotel but is clean & comfortable with a large shared kitchen for the budget rooms