Fabian
Colorado

Walt Disney World, Orlando

Tips to know before I go to Walt Disney World?

I'm staying at the Orange Lake Resort and I have a 3 day hopper pass to Walt DisneyWorld. I am getting the fast passes and I believe we are getting in 1 hr before the crowd. I also have a host for the trip. What was something you found out after going that you think others should know and prepare for?

Nikki from Libertyville

Do your research and plan your fast passes as far in advance as you can.  

nomary from Orlando

You are going to have an awesome time. Something I have done previously on my trips to Disney World is to see what the park is offering. If you can get a copy of the parks schedule that would be very helpful. If you are traveling with children, seeing what they would like to do and choosing a day that is just for them is great. Sometimes I visit two parks in one day by going to the one that closes the earliest first. Have fun!

Nick from Florida

Always plan your "must see" attractions for each of the Walt Disney World Resort parks. Although the Park Hopper passes allow you to get into each of the parks, don't think that this will allow you enough time to actually "see" each of the parks. You could spend several days in each of the parks and still not see and do everything possible. Because of this I'd attempt to map out as much as possible. Depending on what ages you have traveling with you, you'd want to make sure that you are able to get those fast passes and that you have enough time to ride and see everything you want to do.

Another item of note that most are not aware of, the Walt Disney World Resort Parks are not all that close together. This means that you will need to factor in travel time in between the parks.

1. Walt Disney World Resort (attraction)

ron from Rhode Island

Download the walt disney world app for your phone https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/mobile-apps/ though the app you can add everything you want including fastpass+, and you can see wait times for rides.  Also check out a crowd calender such as touring plans http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar. this will let you now which parks will be better at visiting then others.  Good luck and have a magical day.

Karen from Maryland

If you plan on eating at any of the Walt Disney World Resort dine in restaurants make sure you make a reservation or ADR (Advanced Dining Reservation).  WDW restaurants (especially the popular ones) fill up quick.  Walk ins are not always accommodated. Reservations can be made on the Disney World website.  If you do make reservations schedule your day accordingly (if you need to be in a particular park at a certain time etc. ).  Have Fun. 

Allie from Portland

Don't pay for water! The Walt Disney World counter service restaurants will give you a free cup! 

Also, if you're celebrating a special day (birthday, graduation, etc..) wear a pin! You will get special treatment :)

Eric from Lafayette (California)

Hey Fabian. First off, you're going to have a blast at Disney. It's truly an amazing place.

So I work for Vacatia a travel company and we recently published an Orlando vacation guide with tons of information for guests who plan visiting Walt Disney World Resort 

Not sure if you're going with kids or not, but if you are, I recommend you read this article on What To Do When You Need a Break During Your Day at Disney. It relates to your question about tips to know before going.

There's also a lot of other Orlando Vacation information - like where to eat, where to stay and what to do. Hope this helps!