Jitendra
Ashburn (Virginia)

Jitendra from Ashburn (Virginia) asked

Nearby hotels with free shuttle to Disney and Universal Studios?

We are planning for 8 days Orlando trip, where we plan to cover Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World . I was looking for a hotel that can offer free shuttle to theme parks !

Walt Disney World   Orlando

Amy from Plymouth (Massachusetts)

There are obviously a lot of options for hotels in Orlando. One that I would highly recommended is Floridays Resort Orlando which has scheduled service to Epcot, Universal and Sea World, as well as Wet and Wild water park and Aquatica. However the schedule will be fairly restrictive as there are only a few time options per day and you need to schedule them in advance. If that works for you then Floridays is a great option! 

If it were me though, I would look into staying at one hotel near/on property at Disney for the days you wish to visit those parks and then switching to a hotel near/on property at Universal. You would get much more flexibility for transportation, especially on property, and there are perks with each for staying on site. This is especially helpful for Universal where you get early access to the parks and if you're at all interested in the new Harry Potter attractions that will save you a lot of time in lines. If you're afraid of the cost of an onsite hotel the value resorts are actually pretty reasonable, check out the Disney's All-Star Movies Resort or Pop Century Bus Stop at Disney and the Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal. Also at Universal, the more expensive hotels offer front of the line passes and so if that interests you, look at Loews Royal Pacific Resort or Hard Rock Hotel. Of course there are many other options at Disney too that are more expensive but my guess is that you were looking off-site because you wanted to spend a little less. 

I hope that helps! 

Beka from Paducah, Kentucky

Please be aware that if you use hotel transportation, then you will be reliant on their schedule. Some resorts only offer one trip in the morning, and one in the evening.  If you want more flexibility, I would recommend renting a car.  

julie

The Disney hotels offer free shuttle service to all of the parks including Universal Studios Florida.

Amy
This is a common misconception but Disney does not offer transportation to Universal Studios, they are a competing company. You might be thinking of Hollywood Studios, which is one of Disney's four parks. Universal Studios is owned by NBC/Universal and is about 30 minutes from Disneyworld (owned by Disney, which owns ABC). Universal actually offers transportation from Disney world to its parks in an attempt to pull business from Disney, but it is for a fee. I still think the easiest option is to move hotels for the perks of staying close to each.

Hello. I just stayed at the Walt Disney World Swan. It offers shuttle to Disney Resorts every 15 minutes. It is a very nice hotel and it is pretty close every Disney theme park.  There is a Disney's BoardWalk Inn where you can take the boat to hop in to the Disney's theme parks as well. It is pretty easy. If you are interested as well, there are apartments for rental (by the BoardWalk). I don't have the information on the cost, etc. but I saw a lot of families staying there.

Hope this helps!

Raynette from Florida

Almost any hotel near Disney will offer shuttles. If you can swing it, stay at a Disney property. The convenience usually outweighs any extra cost. Apparently you can also park at Downtown ?Disney and catch shuttles from there to the parks.