Amber Rose

Walt Disney World, Orlando

Best Parks at Disney World?

I'm taking my daughter to Disney World for the first time this summer, and the dates I want to go, Magic Kingdom won't be available. I'm wondering if this park is a must see or I can do without? Which parks would you recommend for a 7 year old? 

Yoana from Santa Ana

Epcot is not kid friendly. It's mostly for adult enjoyment. Its more like foods/experiences around the world. We went with my fiancé's family and there were 6 kids. They didn't enjoy that one that much. I would recommend Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach Dr, Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom Park! Those were amaze! kid friendly for sure. You could purchase a pack of tickets at your hotel. For all 4 entries we paid about $400 for per adults. The kids prices were less.

1. Epcot (attraction)
  2. Animal Kingdom (attraction)
  3. Blizzard Beach Dr (attraction)
  4. Typhoon Lagoon (attraction)
  5. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)

susan from Bozeman

Animal Kingdom. My son loved all the animals!

1. Animal Kingdom (attraction)

Pat from Florida

Magic Kingdom Park is definitely a must see for a 7 yr old. Animal Kingdom is fun for all ages. 

1. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)
  2. Animal Kingdom (attraction)

nomary from Orlando

You can definitely do with out. Animal Kingdom is great and fun. I'm an adult and that is usually the first park I go to all the time. Epcot is another place that has great rides for children. There is a ride called Soarin in Epcot that is located inside a building. That ride is amazing and a great cool down ride if you want to refresh and recharge. Disney's Hollywood Studios can take you all day, and it's also a great park for children. They have their Pixar little town that is fun. If you're daughter is near the Toy story character's, rumor has it if she yells "Andy's coming" the toys will drop to the ground :)

1. Animal Kingdom (attraction)
  2. Epcot (attraction)
  3. Disney's Hollywood Studios (attraction)

Andrea from Charlottesville

I'm wondering about your statement that the Magic Kingdom Park isn't available.  It is open every day of the year.  I don't think you can really go to Disney without going to the Magic Kindgom especially with a 7 year old.  This is the place with the Cinderella's castle, Fantasyland with experiences that appeal to her age group, and the classic Disney attractions.

1. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)

Amy from Plymouth (Massachusetts)

Hi Amber, 

Any of the parks will have different aspects that appeal to a 7 year old but if she's never been, the Magic Kingdom is definitely quintessential Disney World and shouldn't be missed. I'm happy to give you more tips about the other parks but I'm confused- the Magic Kingdom is open 365 days, it doesn't even close on Christmas, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be available to you this summer? 

Frank from Ghent

Hi Amber, 

We just got back from 14 days of Walt Disney World and Universal. (Was absolutely wonderful) 

For a 7year old, there's nothing like the Magic Kingdom Park to be honest. Sure, there are atractions at the other parks that are nice for 7 year olds, but Magic Kingdom is a must.

Animal Kingdom is really enjoyable, and you will meet Balloo and friends, there's a play garden, a carnival ('kermis' we call them in Europe) kind of area and sure, some cool attractions/shows. 

I can't emphasize enough though: pick a date where Magic Kingdom is possible! 

Have a great time!

Frank

1. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)
  2. Animal Kingdom (attraction)

Jan from Ohio

With a 7 year old, I would definitely want to take them to the Magic Kingdom Park.  Epcot would be my next choice because of the ride selection and also they have a "Kidcot" program in which it gives little ones a chance to take a break.  There is Disney personnel which provides entertainment such as coloring, games, etc. and the parents can enjoy a break as well.  When you say the Magic Kingdom won't be available ... what do you mean?  This has me stumped.  Hope this helps.

1. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)
  2. Epcot (attraction)

Beverly from Florida

Disney World Resort is at its best in Magic Kingdom Park and is the best for a 7 yr old.  Almost everything that you think of when you think of Disney is in that park.  Your second choice would be Animal Kingdom and third Disney's Hollywood Studios.  The water parks are fun and refreshing on a hot day but they are not the Disney experience.  I would suggest on a hot day getting a multi-park-pass and doing a water park in the day and a park with rides in the evening.  Animal Kingdom may not be open at night.

1. Disney World Resort (hotel)
  2. Magic Kingdom Park (attraction)
  3. Animal Kingdom (attraction)
  4. Disney's Hollywood Studios (attraction)

The Magic Kingdom is the best of the parks, but if your daughter wants to partake in some of the "meet and greets" with the famous Disney characters, they are scheduled all over the various parks-and they publish the times and locations.  I would say Animal Kingdom would be my first stop, then pick between Disney Studios or EPCOT for the rides that are the most important.