Virginia Beach

What's the best neighborhood in Virginia Beach for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Virginia Beach and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Virginia Beach is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Timeshare from Portsmouth, Virginia

Hi Katie,

It doesn't sound like you're necessarily wanting to stay at the oceanfront. Virginia Beach, the city, is huge and spread out.  If staying off the beach, The Town Center of Virginia Beach in Virginia Beach has a central location and is in an area for shopping, dining and entertainment.  There is a Westin and Hilton that are both nice.

Now, if staying at the oceanfront, I would recommend any of the timeshare resorts, Ocean Beach Club ResortOceanaire Resort HotelBoardwalk Resort and Villas, and Turtle Cay Resort.  These are fully equipped units that provide more space than a hotel room.  I really enjoy the north end of the beach.  That is where Ocean Beach Club and OceanAire are located.  Four Sails Resort timeshare resort is also at this end and is very nice also, and is easier on the budget.  All their units are oceanfront.  I'm not familiar with the hotels, but there is a Hilton at 31st with some really great restaurants onsite and is next to one of the beach stages and Neptune Park Inn.  There is also a Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront next to Ocean Beach Club.  If you can afford higher end pricing, I would choose the north end and the properties in this area of the beach.  This is not to insinuate that the central and south end of the beach is not nice because it is!  The north end is just a bit more upscale.

1. Virginia Beach (city)
  2. The Town Center of Virginia Beach (attraction)
  3. Ocean Beach Club Resort (hotel)
  4. Oceanaire Resort Hotel (hotel)
  5. Boardwalk Resort and Villas (hotel)
  6. Turtle Cay Resort (hotel)
  7. Four Sails Resort (hotel)
  8. Neptune Park Inn (hotel)
  9. Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront (hotel)

Hunter from Virginia Beach

Search a hotel near Town Center. The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center is a great place to stay! it is only about a 15 minute drive to the oceanfront!

1. The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center (hotel)

Evan from Virginia Beach, Virginia

Either stay near Ocean Front Ave near the the 30's streets for more busy summer or in town center for quieter upscale shopping.

1. Ocean Front Ave (attraction)