JR
Manhattan Beach

Virgin Gorda, The Caribbean

Cool stuff to see on Virgin Gorda?

I'm going to be on Virgin Gorda for a week. We will be with families with little ones (under 4). I'd love to see all the cool things the island has too offer. Kid friendly stuff would be great, but don't limit to just kids stuff. 

- Beaches

- Restaurants

- Sights 

Anything noteworthy, please share! Thanks!

Ian from San Francisco

Nooooooooooo. You're on the first week of the 40th Birthday Extravaganza? Bummed we're gonna miss you guys.

And I'm sorry for using Trippy incorrectly. Here's my recommendation...

I recommend CocoMaya Restaurant for tapas one night. It's Asian Fusion, so if you hate Asian Fusion -- you wouldn't like this place. It's right on the beach and has beautiful views. Again if you hate beautiful views -- you'd hate this place.

Also, I should warn you that there's not a good funny greeting card store on the island, so you'll probably want to order some online before you get there.

1. CocoMaya Restaurant (restaurant)

Brett from Los Angeles

You're in for a treat my friend.  My wife and I stayed at the Rosewood in Little Dix Bay for a portion of our honeymoon and spent a lot of time at the resort's great beaches and incredible spa.  We took out their small sailboats and spent time cruising the bay and attempting not to crash into the reefs/rocks.  The reef and harbor provide a nice environment for snorkeling and the Cow Hill trail hike near the spa has unbelievable vistas and worth the time for a 45 min. sunset hike sans children.None of the restaurants were extremely memorable, but without a doubt one of the highlights was The Baths national park.  It's an incredible geological landmark and your friends and family will love walking around and photographing (or periscoping) the granite formations.  You probably also might enjoy learning how to stand up paddle board in the fairly calm waters.  I recommend it for anyone just learning. Enjoy!  I'm jealous.   

1. Little Dix Bay (hotel)
  2. The Baths (attraction)

Liz from North Carolina

You absolutely must do The Baths, but be sure to get there as early as you possibly can.  The day-trip boaters start arriving by 10 or 11 AM, off loading dozens of people each.  When you arrive, go through The Caves area first.  You can more easily snorkle with others around, but the exploring around the boulders in the Caves would not be much fun in a crowd.

The hike up to the top of Gorda Peak National Park is not too long or too steep.  Bring some water and a snack.  There is an outlook tower at the top for a spectacular 360 degree view.

The Copper Mine National Park is not much to see.  OK for a stop if you are in the area, but don't make a special trip for this.

The rock pool at Little Trunk Bay was a super fun place to swim.  The rocks  form a breakwater for the waves, which crash against them from the outside, throwing spray into the air, while the pool stays relatively calm.

1. The Baths (attraction)
  2. Gorda Peak National Park (attraction)
  3. Copper Mine National Park (attraction)
  4. Little Trunk Bay (attraction)

Alex from Washington

Go slightly north of The Baths (literally walk along them north, or access the other public parking lot) to find an immaculate beach called Spring Bay National Park with awesome waves and great snorkeling - bumped right into a shark (the ONLY shark I've ever seen in the BVIs).

Aside that, Mahoe Bay is so beautiful it's godly. 

The top of Dog Bay for the views.

The drive from the south to the north of the island is memorizing. Stop along the way for incredible, rugged scenery. 

1. The Baths (attraction)
  2. Spring Bay National Park (attraction)
  3. Mahoe Bay (attraction)
  4. Dog Bay (attraction)

Tamsen from Arlington (Massachusetts)

We're heading back to VG this year for our 4th visit . . . it's a beautiful place. The one activity I'd add would be to take the water taxi from North Sounds over to either Saba Rock or Bitter End Yacht Club (Fat Virgin Cafe) for lunch. Also in the North End, Leverick Bay Marina has a fun vibe and while you enjoy a painkiller and lunch, the kids are welcome to swim in their pool. On Friday nights, they have a Jumbies Show that the kids would love.

Also, my kids love the Mad Dog up by the baths . . . they make excellent painkillers (both rummy AND virgin) and have a relaxing hammock to chill in and usually lots of chickens to chase! Just watch the cruise ship schedule to make sure the sheeple haven't taken over the place when you want to visit.

1. Saba Rock (attraction)
  2. Bitter End Yacht Club (restaurant)
  3. Leverick Bay Marina (attraction)
  4. Mad Dog (restaurant)