Hana
La Canada

Vietnam, Mekong Delta

Tips to travel Mekong Delta

I am making a plan to visit Mekong Delta for next month in 3 days. I really search on travel forums but there are a lot of information and tips but I need real tips from real travelers. Any tips for me? Thanks

Diep from Thuy Anh, Thái Bình, Vietnam

Mekong Hai Van is a wonderful place to visit in this season. The best way to enjoy all interesting things in there is overnight at local people and join floating market in the early morning.

1. Mekong Hai Van (restaurant)

Naccy

It's interesting to attend Cái Răng market. It has numerous types of goods, fruits and food. If you want to explore the daily life of the local people, you should use homestay service.

1. Cái Răng (attraction)

Quyen

Homestays is good but almost local people can not speak English, so you should rent a private guide or book tour which including homestay to enjoy.

Kathy

IMO traveling by boat and bike is good choice in Mekong delta. 3 days in Mekong delta is enough to take both vehicles for visiting. Cai Be Floating Markettp. Sa Đéctp. Châu ĐốcCan Tho are worth to travel.

1. Cai Be Floating Market (attraction)
  2. tp. Sa Đéc (city)
  3. tp. Châu Đốc (city)
  4. Can Tho (attraction)

I have been to the Mekong Delta about a dozen time cause I work as a freelance tour guide around the world.

And in my humble opinion, the best 3 day experience I have had there has been onboard the Mekong Eyes Cruise.

This is a small boat with just a few cabins that takes you up and down some of the small canals in the Mekong Delta and you get really close to life in the delta, while still having good comfort.

1. Mekong Eyes Cruise (attraction)

Hana from La Canada

There are many interesting things to enjoy in Mekong Delta. In early morning, you can take part in floating markets to see business activities and buy various goods.  

Mobile