Nick
New Jersey

Vietnam

Rock Climbing in Vietnam

Hey everyone! My girlfriend and I are thinking about traveling to southeast Asia to rock climb and I heard Vietnam is worth checking out. We have time off in December during winter break and avid climbers and have rope, quickdraws, etc.  

How many days do you recommend for a trip like this when you are traveling from the US, Tennessee to be exact? Is 9 days enough or to short? 

Honestly, I do not know much about travel in Vietnam so any suggestions for traveling in the region for places to stay, transportation and any other tips are appreciated! 

Nick

Naomi

Vietnam is a great country to visit, I love it the most among South east Asian countries. The service we received there was superb, the staff at the hotel and many of tour guides were very welcoming, cheerful and kind. Although the country is poor and some regions can be dirty, it is still very beautiful and relaxing there.

If you visit the north of Vietnam, I recommend to go to Halong Bay Vietnam for 3 days cruise, come back to Hanoi, then go to Sa Pả, city in the north, former French colonial city with rice fields and european architecture. Hanoi itself has not much to see, you can just use it a transfer city.

If you go to the South, then Ho Chi Minh City is a major stop and from there you can access variety of good beaches. 

9 days is enough to see part of Vietnam like either north or south, but to travel all around Vietnam could be too tight. We met people spending a month there because it is really worth it. It is also quite cheap there. Also, it is recommended to check the weather for typhoons or rainy seasons.

1. Vietnam (attraction)
  2. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
  3. Hanoi (city)
  4. Sa Pả (attraction)
  5. Ho Chi Minh City (city)