Amber
Temecula

Amber from Temecula asked

Places to go and eat that are child friendly?

Hi there... we will be traveling with our 5 kids to Vietnam ages 2-13 and would love suggestions on must do places to play and places to eat.  All must be child friendly.  Thank you

Vietnam

Teddy from New City, New York

Vietnam has many famous places and dishes for child . I suggest you go to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. you can take them to park and zoo or somewhere in there. In Vietnam , Places to eat is easy to find. Don not worry . Local people will help you if you need.Thanks

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
Alana from Hoi An

My family  spent a three-weeks holiday in Vietnam last year, we visited cities Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, and my kids really enjoyed things to do in Hoian. We joined in ‘making latern class’, cooking class, learnt how to make pottery at Thanh Ha pottery village or cycling through countryside of Hoian to see real life of the local, the kids had chance to become a farmer and got memorable experiences on that day. Hoian food is awesome, best food in Vietnam and very cheap. You can find local restaurants everywhere in Hoi An, recommended by a lovely lady at Annatara hotel, we took Hoian motorbike food tour that’s one of the best highlights you must do when in Hoian. You should stay more than 4 days there since it’s the most beautiful cities in Viet Nam. Highly recommend it.

Sophia from Hoi An

In Hoi An, It's more interesting if you go with a cooking class or Hoi An food tour as Hoi An's food is amazing: Banh Mi, Cao Lau, Wonton,.... All of them are suitable for kids. 

Note that there are 2 beaches in Hoi An,  Cua Dai Beach gone but An Bang beach is another lovely one.  Hoi An is not really a place for party, it's where you slow down your time perception. 

Seedling restaurant at 42 Nguyen Phu Chu street, Hoi An is also a kid-friendly restaurant too. You should give it a shot. 

This is my trip 3 days with kids in Hoi An, hope it works on you. 

1. Hoi An (city)
  2. Cua Dai Beach (attraction)
Julian from Australia

I vote for Hanoi, Huế, Hoi An & Phu Quoc

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Huế (attraction)
  3. Hoi An (city)
  4. Phu Quoc (city)

I have been to Vietnam 26 times over the past 14 years and I would suggest Phu Quoc Mekong River Cruises Hoi An as some of the most child friendly things you can do in Vietnam.

1. Phu Quoc (city)
  2. Mekong River Cruises (attraction)
  3. Hoi An (city)