Karan
New Delhi

Vietnam, Southeast Asia

Motorcyle trip from Hanoi to Saigon

I am in Vietnam by the end of March and I am planning to take a bike at Hanoi and drive it down till Saigon (HCMC). Has anyone here done this trail? Are two weeks enough to cover this? Also, please suggest if a motorcycle trip is safe for a solo traveler, I am bit concerned about that too. At least having some fellow bikers helps in case of a breakdown of an accident. So I am so thinking if I should sign up for a motorcycle trip orgainzed by a company.

Diep from Thuy Anh, Thái Bình, Vietnam

You can cover all places above during 2 weeks. The Đường Số 2 Ho Chi Minh Road is fast becoming famous as one of the most scenic routes for a motorbike road trip in Asia. Although it will eventually stretch from the southern-most tip of the country to its northern border with China, to date (2016) the Ho Chi Minh Road has been fully paved from Ho Chi Minh City in the south to Hanoi in the north: nearly 2,000km of unbroken road, cutting through some of the most spectacular landscape in Vietnam. The best scenery can be found along the central section, where a landscape of endless limestone mountains, covered in a thick fleece of tropical rainforest and dissected by clear blue rivers, stretches to the horizon: if you only ride one part of the Ho Chi Minh Road, make sure it’s this one. Below is my full guide to the Ho Chi Minh Road, including route information, places to stay and eat, and things to see and do along the way.

1. Đường Số 2 (attraction)
  2. Ho Chi Minh City (city)