Lindsey
Venice Beach

Vietnam, Hanoi

Looking for a beach bungalow along Vietnam's Coast

I'm looking for any and all beach bungalowe accomodations along the coast of Vietnam.  I will be landing in Ho Chi Mihn, staying briefly, then taking a one-way flight all the way north to Hanoi.  I will take the bus/train/motobike down the coast and want to find a reasonably priced, secluded bungalows or authentic accomodations along the way.  Any recs?

Duong from Chicago

Hi there!

I want to recommend that you map out towns and cities along the coast that you want to stay at and then when you arrive in Vietnam, use Agoda.com to get the best rates in USD. We've used that as we stayed for a month and just booked our hotels as we went each week, often finding last minute deals. You can filter to star quality. The hotels or bungalows along the coast range from 1-5 stars. I've seen several for $50 or less on Agoda. Here is the link so you can check it out ahead of time if necessary. 2 towns along the coast that is a must stay: Da nang (my home town) and Hoi An (which is 20 mins south) still ancient Vietnam, some parts only allow bikes, pedi cabs, walk and no motorized vehicles. We covered about 6-7 cities after flying into Ho Chi Minh.

You can check out my Vietnam photos on my public facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/duongsheahan under Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, HanoiHa Long Bay Or instagram as well under Duong Sheahan as well as my blog under Travel as I've started writing about my trip at www.duongduong.com

Best of luck.

Duong

1. Da Nang (city)
  2. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  3. Hoi An (city)
  4. Hanoi (city)
  5. Ha Long Bay (attraction)

Anh from Hanoi

Hi Lindsey,

Any specific places along coastal you would like to stay? There are many beaches along S-line coastal of Vietrom Nam like (order from the North to the South, and just the main ones): Sam Son Beach (Thanh Hoa), Thị xã Cửa Lò beach (Nghe An), Quang Binh Province, Lang Co Beach (Hue), Da Nang, Hoi An,  Tam Thanh (Thành phố Tam Kỳ)... Nha Trang (plus many islands and peninsulas), Phú Yên ProvinceQuy Nhon PortVung Tau

There're many options of pricing too, but from US$40 - US$75/room night is quite reasonable rank for a bungalow resort seaside. Many for US$150/rn and less than US$40 is till available.

If you provide map of beach towns you want to visit, your budget for room night, I can advise some nice names.

Anh

1. Sam Son Beach (attraction)
  2. Thanh Hoa (state)
  3. Thị xã Cửa Lò (city)
  4. Nghe An (state)
  5. Quang Binh Province (state)
  6. Lang Co Beach (attraction)
  7. Da Nang (city)
  8. Hoi An (city)
  9. Tam Thanh (attraction)
  10. Thành phố Tam Kỳ (city)
  11. Nha Trang (city)
  12. Phú Yên Province (state)
  13. Quy Nhon Port (attraction)
  14. Vung Tau (city)

Hicks

Hey! You can also check out this resort in Tam ThanhTam Thanh. Aside from being near the coast, it's also near a mural village where you can experience true local culture. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

1. Tam Thanh (attraction)

Son from Hanoi, Vietnam

I heard that in \Phu Quoc island, there are a number of bungalows. Some of them are Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc (pool villa include a swimming pool in the bedroom and  Mango Bay Resort (in the style of stilt house bungalow); Bungalow Thanh Kieu Beach Resort(cheap price).

1. Phu Quoc (city)
  2. Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc (attraction)
  3. Mango Bay Resort (attraction)
  4. Thanh Kieu Beach Resort (hotel)