Naccy asked

A trip of Hanoi - Sapa - Halong

My family is going to visit Hanoi in September and visit Halong and Sapa as well. We want to rent a hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter with an average price. Besides, I have little knowledge of the transportation from Hanoi to Halong and Sapa. Any advice on the trip? Thanks so much. 

Vietnam   Hanoi   Sa Pa   Halong Rd

Mary

How much time will you spend on this trip? I think the total time for this trip is about one week. You can have 2 days in Hanoi; 2 days in Halong Bay Vietnam if you take a Halong cruise and 3 days in Sa Pa District. For the transportation, you take a night train from Hanoi to Sapa, then return Hanoi and continue catch a bus to Halong.

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
  3. Sa Pa District (attraction)
Huyền

you can go train

Linda

In Old Quarter, there are a lot of hotels for staying, you can refer to 3B hotel. For transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay Vietnam, you can book shuttle car at Old Quarter or bus at the station. However, if you book the cruise from Hanoi, perhaps, you will get free transfer from Hanoi. For Sa Pa District, you can choose train or night car, but personally, you should book train for traveling which perhaps safer than car but price of train is higher than car

1. Old Quarter (metro area)
  2. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
  3. Hanoi (city)
  4. Sa Pa District (attraction)
Evangeline

HanoiCat Ba: Take good morning catba bus

Hanoi - Sa Pa District: Take Sapa express bus. They both have a very good service

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Cat Ba (attraction)
  3. Sa Pa District (attraction)
Hoang

To transport from Hanoi to Hạ Longg, you can catch a coach in My Dinh National Stadium
In my opinion, Kumho Viet Thanh and Hoang Long are the most realiable and cheap coach brands to Halong.

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Hạ Long (attraction)
  3. My Dinh National Stadium (attraction)
John

Sa Pa District trekking is fascinating. It is the best to take a night train at 10:00 p.m from Hanoi to Lao Cai, then take a bus to Sapa. If you booked the hotel in Sapa before that, you would be picked up to the hotel. Please spend time walking around Sapa town and exploring the interesting of Vietnamese ethnic groups. Have a good holiday!

1. Sa Pa District (attraction)
  2. Hanoi (city)
  3. Lao Cai (city)
Laura from Buenos Aires

Hi Naccy, I made this trip 2 years ago. You have to book a cruise to visit Halong Bay Vietnam, there are cruisies of 2 days 1 night and more. They will pick you up from your hotel and take you back there after the trip. 

To visit Sa Pa District we took the night train which was great, but there's also a bus. Try to stay at least 2 days 1 night in Sa Pa. 

Best luck

1. Halong Bay Vietnam (attraction)
  2. Sa Pa District (attraction)
Naccy

Thank David Evans so much. I can deal with the prices of the suggested hotels. But I wonder about their conveniences. Did you really stay at one of them? Thanks in advance:))