Jenny

Jenny from Chicago asked

Bioluminescent Bay: Fajardo vs. Vieques

Hi! Traveling to San Juan, PR in December and am researching kayak tours of the bio bays in Fajardo or Vieques. Anyone have a preference of one vs. the other? I'd like to make it a night time excursion (to see the bio bay in all it's glory), but not stay overnight and I know Vieques requires that. But if it's worth the trip, I will make it happen. I am staying at Marriott Stellaris Casino in SJ and hoping to have transportation to/from the ferry or excursion itself. Any tips on companies or tour guides to reach out to would be appreciated! Thanks!

Vieques   Fajardo

Lori from Statesboro, Georgia

Staying overnight in Vieques is worth it! No one I have met has been disappointed with the Bio Bay tour and the beaches in Vieques are outstanding. It's probably less trouble to fly to Vieques, but taking the ferry is cheaper.

1. Vieques (island)