Liv
Cape Cod

Vienna

What are the most popular neighborhoods in Vienna?

It's my very first time in Vienna and I'm not familiar with the different neighborhoods - what are they all known for? Where are the most popular areas to stay in the city? Looking to be in a safe area and close to many fun things to see/do!

Sara from Vienna

I live in the Mariahilf which is primarily known for the Naschmarkt fruit and veg market. Lovely place to walk aroud in the open air and people watch. Oh, that reminds me of the wonderful Naschmarkt Flea Market which is wonderful if you want to bring home something really unique.

Neubaugasse is a great place to be because there are so many fantastic stores. This is my favorite area to walk in and window shop. Of course the Innere Stadt is great, too, because it’s in the middle of the city with lots of great shopping.

1. Mariahilf (neighborhood)
  2. Naschmarkt (attraction)
  3. Neubaugasse (neighborhood)
  4. Innere Stadt (neighborhood)

Roberta from Carlsbad (California)

I love to stay in the area of the Belvedere Palace. it's just a little off the center of the city. yet walking distance to everything. Be sure to dine at the Café Sperl for an authentic Austrian fine dining for a reasonable price!

1. Belvedere Palace (attraction)
  2. Café Sperl (restaurant)