Mary from Leicester
1. From Verona (New York) get to and take the I-90W to just before Verona. Take I-481 south around the edge of the city to meet I-81S.
2.
Follow I-81 southwards, passing through or near Verona and Marathon (New York)until you meet I-86 north of Marathon. Take I-86 east for a few miles then pick up I-81 south again.
3. Continue to follow I-81 southwards, passing through or near New Milford (Pennsylvania), until the northern outskirts of Scranton. Take I-476S around the city then rejoin I-81S.
4.
Continue on I-81S, passing through or near HarrisburgHagerstownStaunton (Virginia) and Christiansburg until you meet I-77S in the outskirts of Fort Chiswell. Take I-77 south. 
5. Follow I-77 southwards, passing through or near WoodlawnElkin (North Carolina) and Statesville, through Charlotte and around the eastern edge of Columbia to meet I-26S. Take I-26S.
6.
Follow I-26 southwards, passing near Orangeburg (South Carolina), to meet I-95. Take I-95S.
7. Continue on I-95 southwards, passing near Walterboro.
8. Leave I-95 S at Coosawhatchie (junction 28) to pick up the 462.
9. Go left/eastwards on 462 (Coosaw Scenic Drive) and follow it until it becomes the 170 (Okatie Highway).
10. Go south on 170  until you reach the outskirts of Okatie (South Carolina) and meet the 278. 
11. Go left (east) on 278 and follow it to Hilton Head Island.