Kaman
Hong Kong

Verona, Italy

How many days should I visit Verona?

I am going to Italy in May for 16 days...going from Venice to Rome by car..how many days should I spend in Verona?? Are there any nice nature spots around the area I cannot miss?!

Ryan from Chicago

I spent a similar amount of time in Italy. We had a couple days in Venice, Milan, Florence, Rome, Naples and ended with several days around Sicily before returning to Rome for our flight home.

We spent an afternoon in Verona while traveling from Venice to Milan and that felt about right. We parked near the city center, and explored from there. The only major thing we wanted to be sure to see is the Romeo & Juliet balcony (Casa di Giulietta), but we surprised by some of the other  sights, including the old Roman Arena in Piazza Bra, and Santa Anastasia and Piazza dei Signori.

We were happy with just an afternoon, but like most places in Italy, you could spend a week there and not get bored. It's just a matter of how you want to divide your days between cities to ensure you have enough time to explore and see the things you want to see.

Enjoy! I hope you enjoy your visit to Italy!

1. Casa di Giulietta (attraction)
  2. Piazza Bra (attraction)
  3. Santa Anastasia (attraction)
  4. Piazza dei Signori (attraction)

Marcello

Hi kaman,

2 days for Verona are usually enough to visit the most iconic and important sights. But also you can see the surroundings like the beautiful Valpolicella valley ( a land famous for its fabulous red wine) at the north of Verona.

We stayed for 5 days in a beautiful hotel called Hotel Villa del Quar just 5km from the town, right in the countryside and in the heart of Salumificio Valpolicella valley! It was a fantastic base for starting our holiday in the area.

1. Hotel Villa del Quar (hotel)
  2. Salumificio Valpolicella (restaurant)

Dave from Houston

One day should be enough for Verona

We were in that part of Italy several years ago. One day the weather was so nice, it was blue skies, white clouds, and such a great day to be outdoors. We drove over to Riva del Garda, a lovely town at the northern tip of Lake Garda.

While lunching there, I spoke with the restaurant owner who was conversant in English, and said, "It is such a nice day, we'd like to take a pleasant scenic drive." She lit up with a big smile and said, "You must take the drive along Lake Molveno."

What a great tip!  We drove back roads from Riva Del Garda to Italian road SS421 which runs alongside that gorgeous like. The picturesque Dolomite Mountains are in the background. Just a delightful scenic drive. 

After traversing the lake and the village of Molveno, we circled back to the highway for a speedy return to our hotel. Just a glorious day.

1. Verona (city)
  2. Riva del Garda (attraction)
  3. Lake Garda (neighborhood)
  4. Lake Molveno (attraction)
  5. Dolomite Mountains (attraction)

Gaia from Chicago

Hi Kaman!

You only need one day to visit the enchanting Verona and, after you have done all the touristic stuff, try heading to the Parco delle Colombare on the other side of the River Adige. It's a less crowded and greener area, perfect for an afternoon stroll.

Enjoy my beautiful country & safe travels!

Gaia

1. Verona (city)
  2. Parco delle Colombare (attraction)

Lisa from Chapel Hill

I think one day in Verona is enough. 

1. Verona (city)