Peter

Ventura

What to see, do & eat in Ventura, CA

I'll be running the Ventura Marathon this Sunday but I'll be staying there for the weekend. I was wondering what there is to see, eat and do out there. Maybe not so much eat because I don't want to eat anything new and out of the ordinary before a race but I would be looking to do something relaxing or fun on Saturday before race day.

Joyce from Ojai

Spencer Makenzie's Fish Companya great place to eat in Ventura, good reasonable food near the beach. The beach is a great place to go also, the dolphin are usually traveling up and down the coast. Approximately 15 minutes inland is the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa a well known attraction for celebs.

1. Spencer Makenzie's Fish Company (restaurant)
  2. Ojai Valley Inn & Spa (hotel)

Susyn from Fort Lauderdale

Peter, I stopped in Ventura for a day last year, accompanied by my dog, so the things I did while there were outdoor versus indoor. Ventura has a pier a very rocky beach. There is a nice beach promenade walkway that goes north and south of the pier for a ways. All of this is free. Downtown Ventura has lots of boutiques and shops, and dining with sidewalk seating. If you feel like window shopping, that, too, is free. There is a movie theater downtown, too. I would think that walking the promenade along the beach and hanging out at the sidewalk cafes might be relaxing or fun before race day. And good luck at the race, Peter!!

1. Downtown Ventura (attraction)

Rick from Playa Del Rey

The Trolley is free. After the race Lure Fish House is excellent. Their is always something going on at C Street in front of the Fairgrounds. I go almost every other week to Ventura.

1. C Street (attraction)
  2. Lure Fish House (restaurant)

Adam from Seattle

Ventura I used to go surfing there at C Street for years. I would recommend going there to check out the surfers. It's a few block from the main drag by the pier. My favorite when your hungry place to eat is the The Habit Burger Grill across the street.

1. Ventura (city)
  2. C Street (attraction)
  3. The Habit Burger Grill (restaurant)