kichi
Tokyo

kichi from Tokyo asked

Which places are must go to places?

I'll be visiting Venice and want to know what I should see.

Venice (Italy)

Chiara from New York, New York

Rialto Bridge is a place you must see with typical murano glass shop and jewelry store like Eredi Jovon  (Jovon cameos shop) and other magnificent ideas for shopping, great area for good and typical restaurants. It was a great experience with my 2 best girfriends.

1. Rialto Bridge (attraction)
  2. Eredi Jovon (attraction)
Julie from York

Hi Kichi, it's ages since I was there, but I loved the coloured houses of Burano; and the glass craftwork of Murano Island. Just catch a boat to either.

1. Burano (island)
  2. Murano Island (attraction)
Ben from London

Make sure you go inside Basilica di San Marco it is outstanding and really atmospheric.  You can easily see the different artistic and cultural influences there

When you go to Rialto Bridge don't forget to stroll through the markets there.  Another bridge to see by Piazza San Marco attached to the Doge's Palace is the Bridge of Sighs which has a great story.

A personal tip - get lost.  Walking the maze of streets is one of the best things to do in Venice. Try to make your way towards Zattere because on the corner in Squero di San Trovaso is a gondola shipyard where you can see them being finished off and repaired.  One of my personal favourite sights in Venice

1. Basilica di San Marco (attraction)
  2. Rialto Bridge (attraction)
  3. Piazza San Marco (attraction)
  4. Doge's Palace (attraction)
  5. Bridge of Sighs (attraction)
  6. Zattere (attraction)
  7. Squero di San Trovaso (attraction)
Staci from Cleveland

St Mark's Square is a MUST! It is so crowded, but it's a beauty. Go during the day and at night. At night grab a drink, sit down and enjoy the quartets. There are about four around the square. Bounce between them all. And during the day, chase the pigeons. 

When I was in Venice, I just walked around and got lost. You really don't have a choice. The place is crooked alleys and bridges. Stop into the small shops. Just let the city take you!

Be sure you find the Rialto Bridge. It's one of the most popular bridges, so get ready for more crowds. 

As always, take a gondola ride down the Grand Canal. It's totally worth the price. You will love Venice. Enjoy it! 

PS - Stop by my blog for more info on Venice. :)

1. St Mark's Square (attraction)
  2. Rialto Bridge (attraction)
  3. Grand Canal (attraction)