Jean

Venice

Where is the best place to get a data SIM card in Venice?

Hi there me and my hubby are on a honeymoon trip tomorrow to Venice and would like to ask where to get data SIM at airport and which is a better telco service provider? 

We will land at about 8.30pm by air so not sure if the shops are still open. :(

Alex from New York City

I'd recommend Vodafone if possible. They usually have a kiosk within most Italian airports. (I can't remember if there is one in the Venice airport--been too long!) If not, TIM also can work.

You'll need your passport and an address of where you are staying. Vodafone has a holiday plan for those staying for a few days and up to several months so you should be fine. You can also add in some calls home if need be for 5 euro or so.

I would highly recommend you choose a main store if you can't get this done in the airport. Some of the small stores don't have people who speak English, so if you can do it in the airport that is definitely the best option.