Lourdes
Miami

Venice

What to see, eat, & do in Venice?

Hi there,

I will be in Venice on my honeymoon in late May and want to know of any suggestions on what to do, where to go, what to visit, where to eat, etc. We love experiential travel so any suggestions will be welcome!

Lourdes

Yanik from Niagara Falls

My wife and I discovered Indian food in Venice.  Very strange, I know.  We ate at this restaurant on a whim as we wandered the city randomly.  The food was great and the service was amazing.  Our waitress was a local that learned 7 languages "on the job".  We're going back in June and can't wait to eat there again!  Her name is Patricia. 

Ganesh Ristorante Indiano a Venezia 

San Polo, 2426

30125 Venezia

Italy

2. Ganesh Ristorante Indiano a Venezia (restaurant)

Edna from Paris

There is a deli near San Marco's you must visit -- Lorenzo Gastronomia Dienrico De Zorzi C Sas

The deli is run by Enrico, the son of the owner (Lorenzo), and he is one of the kindest people we have met in our numerous trips to Venice. He sells some of THE BEST deli meats and cheeses I have had in all of Europe. He knows his food, and if you appreciate food too, he will make sure you walk away with the best of his selection.

True story: we once went in to get ingredients for a lasagne, and when he heard this, he immediately called up his own mother to ask her for her lasagne recipe instead of the own we were going to make off the internet.

This is a man who cares about food and I'd highly recommend going here, grabbing some meats and cheeses (and mutardo -- a spicy mustard apple sauce!) and then going to picnic in the nearby parks. Definitely a local treat.

(PS I don't know if the map actually links to the right place -- this is the address: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lorenzo-Gastronomia/144650782244893?sk=info&tab=overview)

1. Lorenzo Gastronomia Dienrico De Zorzi C Sas (attraction)

Casey from Cambridge (Massachusetts)

Big fan of Antiche Carampane, freshest tasting crab i've ever had. 

Loved walking through Fondazione Giorgio Cini and exploring Grassi Palace (really cool looking on the inside).

1. Antiche Carampane (restaurant)
  2. Fondazione Giorgio Cini (attraction)
  3. Grassi Palace (attraction)