Taissha
Bronx, New York

Taissha from Bronx, New York asked

What are the most popular neighborhoods in Venice?

Hi!

I am going to Venice at the end of May and am looking for places to stay in the city. Does anyone recommend any rooms through AirBnB or Hostels? I'm not sure which location I should be looking at. I want to stay somewhere I can walk to and from the city easily. If anyone has any recommendations on inexpensive places/which location in Venice I should reside in please share!!! Thanks :)

Venice

We stayed at B&B NiceVenice and it was great -- really clean, huge room, nice owner, free breakfast and within walking distance to San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge. It looks like nothing on the outside (just a regular apartment) and it's hard to find because there isn't much signage but it was great once we found it.

1. B&B NiceVenice (hotel)
  2. San Marco Square (attraction)
  3. Rialto Bridge (attraction)

Great question, Taissha!  Looking forward to reading ideas for my next trip there, but based on my past experience, I'd suggest Airbnb and I'd suggest looking in the Cannaregio, San Polo, or San Marco areas.  That's where all the action is!  

I wish I had a good Airbnb suggestion for you, but my friends booked an Airbnb for us that I don't recommend. It was centrally located and it got the job done, but wasn't as it was represented in the listing. This is where I stayed and you can read my friend Michael's review about it.

I'm sure there are better Airbnbs out there and that you'll find one that fits your budget.  We got a whole place to ourselves since there were 4 of us, but you can always get a private or shared room for even cheaper.

Hope you have a blast! :)

1. Cannaregio (attraction)
  2. San Polo (attraction)
  3. San Marco (attraction)