Pol

Venice

Restaurants in Venice?

Hello, do you know about any good restaurants in Venice, Italy ? Trying to avoid tourist traps... Thanks!

Katie from Portland

Ah, Venice - I love the contrast between buildings in varying states of decay, rebuild, splendor and everything in between. To me, Venice feels as though it teems with ghosts, secrets and whispered stories. You can also eat quite well and off the tourist track while you're in town, but make reservations in advance.

Il Ridotto is a small, foodie-driven space with a bar across the mini-piazza. Depending on what's happening in the restaurant, you may be invited to start with a small bite and aperitif in that bar before being seated at your dinner table. We enjoyed the seafood-heavy tasting menu with well-selected complementary wines. The chefs are top-notch and the staff knows their stuff.

Corte Sconta has a lovely outdoor, but vine-covered inner courtyard dining area that's perfect for a mild evening. The restaurant offers a very welcoming, homey and comfortable feeling punctuated by easy-going and personable service. The antipasti tasting menu can make for a meal in and of itself (although we of course also had to have pasta) - it's a great way to get a taste of many different seafood-heavy specialties.

One of our favorite meals was at Osteria alle Testiere. The service was excellent (and patient with our broken Italian) and the food was outstanding. The restaurant is tiny with only 10 or so tables and seafood fresh from the day's market. There's no aspect of this dining experience that disappoints - it's a place where your meal feels a little bit special.

For lunches, it's so easy to simply grab a sandwich from a cafe on your way to the next museum/church/historic site. However, if you'd like give your feet a break and stop for a glass of wine, Impronta Cafe Restaurantmakes for a good stop. When we were there, it was filled with locals, but we were able to get a table without waiting.

Hope you enjoy a terrific trip!

1. Il Ridotto (restaurant)
  2. Corte Sconta (restaurant)
  3. Osteria alle Testiere (restaurant)
  4. Impronta Cafe Restaurant (restaurant)

Roni from Dallas

We love Trattoria Dona Onesta. Great restaurant, quaint location, excellent food!

1. Trattoria Dona Onesta (restaurant)

nusheen from Houston

La Zucca is an interesting spot - but have to make reservations. 

Dal Moro's - Fresh Pasta To Go fresh pasta is amazing - its a tiny spot, you can pick your own pasta and sauce and then go sit by one of the canals to eat. 

I Tre Mercanti srl - the best pistachio (and regular) tiramisu! 

1. La Zucca (restaurant)
  2. Dal Moro's - Fresh Pasta To Go (attraction)
  3. I Tre Mercanti srl (attraction)

Faith

Hi Pol,

My husband and I had a wonderful romantic dinner at the restaurant attached to the Cà Dei Dogi hotel. Very intimate and relaxed atmosphere. It is hard to find, The entrance to the restaurant is in the alleyway around the corner from the hotels courtyard.

FF

1. Cà Dei Dogi (hotel)

Stuart from Redondo Beach

Trattoria Storica, Rio Novo Ristorante, Trattoria Venezianawere all good. Nothing like checking out the menu beforehand or picking an open air restaurant along a canal for the evening meal. 

1. Trattoria Storica (restaurant)
  2. Rio Novo (restaurant)
  3. Trattoria Veneziana (attraction)

Kristina from Los Angeles

Ah one of my favorite cities! The best pizza that I had in all of Italy was from Antica Sacrestia. I went there last year with my cousin and met some awesome people sitting next to us (the restaurant has an intimate setting so its not hard). They start you off with complimentary Campari and soda which gets you ready for whats to follow... Mushroom pizza, wine, ensalada, dessert! Its all amazing! Have an awesome time in Venezia!

1. Antica Sacrestia (restaurant)

Chiara from New York, New York

I recommend,

1. Da Mamo ... Good for everyday
  2. Locanda Poste Vecie for the food and cause it's one of the oldest restaurant of Italy with top reputation http://www.postevecie.com

1. Da Mamo (restaurant)
  2. Locanda Poste Vecie (hotel)

Paolo from Foggia, Italy

Hi Pol,

you should try absolutely La Zucca (http://www.lazucca.it/), a lovely vegetarian friendly restaurant (but with a good selection of meet dishes) in the center of Venice, not far from the railway station and from the city center.

In addition, you need to go to the Osteria Al Portego(http://www.tripadvisor.it/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1034685-Reviews-Osteria_Al_Portego-Venice_Veneto.html), near Rialto bridge. Here you could taste the original venetian cicchetto (a kind of tapas) and drink a good prosecco.

I suggest you to eat everithing in Venice, except pizza! 

Enjoy your visit!

1. La Zucca (restaurant)
  2. Osteria Al Portego (restaurant)