Claire

Venice

Looking for non-touristy/hipper activities and food in Venice?

We'll be staying for a few days in July, and wondering if there's a more interesting side to Venice?

Riccardo from Venice

Hi Claire, as you can image the problem in Venice is the period very full of tourists. I understand it's not your first time in Venice. For this reason I suggest you to organize a tour in lagoon using a traditional sail boat called vela al terzo. I know the right person to do it. You will have organic food on board and you can visit the less famous islands but more amazing. 

The second thing is follow the venetians ways to live venice: baccari tour (typical and historic wine restaurants) starting from the Rialto Bridge

Last but not least is to walk in Venice after 9p.m. You'll feel better the venetian mood without turist guides and congested ways. If you need there are also night tours. 

Let me know how I can help you

2. Rialto Bridge (attraction)

Martine from France

Hello, we were in Venice mid april and since we stay in Venice once a year, I also wanted to see this beautiful city another way. I booked a walking tour called "Hidden Venice" which left from the Rialto bridge. Our guide made us discover the side of Venice that many visitors don’t see on a leisurely paced, 2-hour walking tour, packed with historical anecdotes, quirky stories and little-known facts. We paid 35€ per person.

The first night we discovered a beautiful little restaurant, hidden behind the fish market and which is known as one of the oldest restaurant in Venice.

Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie - Beautiful dining room and very fresh food. The lobster spaghetti is amazing. Hope this helps!

2. Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie (restaurant)

Enrico from Chioggia

You should go to visit Chioggia, it's a 1.30h ferry ride from Venice, called the little Venice for his canals and little streets, but it's not busy and not tourist trap! Great seafood and friendly locals. Perfect also if you want to spend 2/3 hours at the beach or here diga di chioggiasend me a message if you decide to come by.

ciao

1. Chioggia (city)