Anne
Durham, North Carolina

Venice, Italy

Great mid price restaurant recommendation for large group dinner?

I am leading a tour of 17 women to Venice and would like a restaurant recommendation suitable for a group of this size.  I would ideally like it to be within walking distance of the Abbazia Hotel.  Also, mid-price range of about 20-30 euros for an entree.

Thanks

Your hotel is pretty close to the San Croce region, which is quiet, away from the crowds, and part of residential Venice. I have been to Venice 4 times and always find that if I stay away from the San Marco and Rialto areas the food is always better quality and much better value.  I really like La Zucca - it is a small, very good restaurant that caters well for Vegetarians as well as Carnivores and Pescatores. It is great value for lunch and dinner but you would have to book well in advance as it is very popular. Ristorante Osteria Da Fiore S.R.L. is very good but a little more expensive €30-€40 for dinner. I also love Al Covo but, with wine you could pay €50-€70 for lunch or dinner. It's a really good experience, though, with a nice ambience and lovely staff. Trattoria Al Ponte di Borgo is a very good neighbourhood restaurant with good fish dishes. In general it is better to avoid most of the pizza places and most of the restaurants with guys outside touting for business.  

2. San Marco (attraction)
  3. Rialto (attraction)
  4. La Zucca (restaurant)
  5. Ristorante Osteria Da Fiore S.R.L. (restaurant)
  6. Al Covo (restaurant)
  7. Trattoria Al Ponte di Borgo (restaurant)

Roni from Dallas

My absolute preferred restaurant in Venice is Trattoria Dona Onesta. Great atmosphere, food, and service!  

http://www.donaonesta.com

1. Trattoria Dona Onesta (restaurant)

Mobile