Jen

Venice, Italy

Best/central location for hotel in Venice, Italy, $220/night or less?

I'm heading to Italy and will be going to Venice for the first time. We'll be staying 2-3 nights in Venice at the end of our trip and I was wondering if there are some "neighborhoods" or areas of Venice that are better to stay in than others? We want to explore the area as much as possible while there.

Any insight offered is much appreciated, thank you!

Hi Jen, 

Whenever I go to Venice I stay here: www.alpontemocenigo.com - it's a small, very well run hotel right beside the San Stae stop. The rooms are gorgeous and it's in a quiet neighbourhood so you'll feel like you're a Venetian! You can walk to Rialto Bridge and San Marco Square in 10 minutes and it's a joy to come back to peace and quiet and lovely local restaurants. The only problem is finding a room! It books out very quickly.

2. San Stae (attraction)
  3. Rialto Bridge (attraction)
  4. San Marco Square (attraction)

Stuart from Redondo Beach

Locanda Marinella: small, friendly, convenient.

1. Locanda Marinella (hotel)

Riccardo from Venice

I'm from Venice and the best stay area in Castello, close to La Biennale di Venezia - Arsenale and San Marco Square, but out from touristic ways. Castello area is good served and still real in term of venetian lifestyle.  

Considering the bdg, I suggest you to choose an apartment, more venetian style then the medium level hotes. 

If you need other suggestions let me know.

Last but not least you're close to the biggest park for your jogging. :)

1. Castello (metro area)
  2. La Biennale di Venezia - Arsenale (attraction)
  3. San Marco Square (attraction)

seko from Istanbul

airbnb or kind web sites are cheaper than hotels...

Marie from Las Vegas

I have stayed at Hotel Pensione Guerrato twice. It's right at the Rialto Mercato so you can walk to so many places including Rialto Bridge within two minutes. It's right off of a vaparetto stop so it's very convenient. 

1. Hotel Pensione Guerrato (hotel)
  2. Rialto Mercato (attraction)
  3. Rialto Bridge (attraction)