Mathilde
Venice Beach

Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Los Angeles

Your favorite LA farmers market?

Hi there! I am looking for farmers markets to get fresh & tasty produce, where should I go? I've been going to the one at Venice Blvd w/ Venice Way. Any other suggestion? I am all ears! Thanks!!

Valerie from Los Angeles

I love my neighborhood farmers market in Playa Vista. It is every Wednesday from 4pm-8pm and Saturdays 9am-2pm.

I usually walk over Saturday mornings and have breakfast there, they have a really good crepe truck!

I love this farmers market because it isn't overwhelmingly big, it's a small market but has a great selection of fresh produce, flowers and coffee. It's great for kids too! When I used to nanny, I would take the kids here in the morning and get them fun balloons from the balloon cart. Sometimes, they even do face paintings.

It's a great farmers market, I love it. You should check it out, Mathilde! 

1. Playa Vista (city)

Dave from California

Mathilde - Kevin's recommendation of the Mar Vista Farmers Market is a good choice, it is open from 9-2pm and is surprisingly large - yet refreshingly maintains a very nice community feel that you don't necessarily always have at other LA and OC Farmer's markets. This is a very well organized market. Parking can get a bit tight/busy close by so I usually park a few blocks away just off of Venice. This is one market I go back to. Much further for you is another of my favorites, the Sunday Hollywood Farmer's market.

I'm trying to visit all the Farmer's markets in LA - (am still quite early on in this project) there are well over 100 of them, so far I've visited and reviewed twenty with more to come very soon! http://www.davestravelcorner.com/guides/losangeles/los-angeles-farmers-markets/ Ill add a map at some point so each market can easily be pinpointed.

1. Mar Vista Farmers Market (attraction)

Kevin from Los Angeles

Hey you, you should try the Mar Vista Farmers Market, every Sunday morning. I'm not sure about the opening hours but seems to be something like from 9a to 1p.

Location is at Venice Blvd and Grand View Blvd. Here is the link for more info I guess: http://www.marvistafarmersmarket.org/