Emily
Ann Arbor

Vancouver

What are the best ski resorts in Vancouver?

Planning a winter trip to Vancouver and wanted to get some advice on the best ski resorts and which ones to avoid? 

lauren from Vancouver

Avid skier? Goto Whistler Blackcomb hands down!! However if it's your first time then Cypress Mountain is your best bet--- but if you are looking for apres then Whistler it is a resort so they have everything there! My fiance and I went out partying 8 years ago in our helmets and had the night of our lives lol. However if you are up for activities they have cross country skiing-so much fun or thrilling -tubing if you have lot of money you can go heleskiing or catskiing both usually have dinner and champagne - my dream.. The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver has an amazing brunch and spa. Wild Wood Pacific Bistro and Element Vancouver Metrotown are so yummy for breakfast too and don't break the bank. Just message for more ideas I would happily respond-

1. Whistler Blackcomb (attraction)
  2. Cypress Mountain (attraction)
  3. The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (hotel)
  4. Wild Wood Pacific Bistro (restaurant)
  5. Element Vancouver Metrotown (hotel)

Roger from Vancouver

Whistler is by FAR the best skiing near Vancouver (approx 1.5  hours from downtown...the village is great and the skiing is amazing).  There are actually two mountains side-by-side and you can spend a week discovering new runs.  If you have time and don't mind travelling a bit, I'd suggest Revelstoke for great terrain and snow...Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is also a great mountain but the snow can be hit and miss at times...the views are second to none.  Have a great trip!

1. Whistler (city)
  2. Revelstoke (city)
  3. Kicking Horse Mountain Resort (hotel)

Klim from Vancouver

I guess it really depends on how avid of a skier you are and wether you have time to try many or just the one.
And thirdly- will we get enough snow this year (last three years have been miserable).

If you can only ski one-  Whistler Blackcomb offers the most choice and chances at good conditions. Best here by far. It's pricey, but then your dollar goes a long way here at the moment. :)

If we get enough snow, and you're an avid skier, I wouldn't discount what the other hills have to offer. However, they are much smaller and pale in comparison to the quality you find in the Rockies (if you are familiar).

I would choose the rest in order as Cypress MountainGrouse Mountain Lodge, and Mt Seymour

If you still have time left over, I would also consider Hemlock Resort. It's small and most chairs are old but being positioned further in mainland it can receive snow falls that rival what we get on the coast (in both depth and quality). So worth keeping in mind and checking their snow report.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

1. Whistler Blackcomb (attraction)
  2. Cypress Mountain (attraction)
  3. Grouse Mountain Lodge (attraction)
  4. Mt Seymour (attraction)
  5. Hemlock Resort (attraction)

Peter from Munich

Hi Emily, I would say the famoust one is Whistler Blackcomb. I have been there once myself and it was great.

Here are some pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-r/sets/72157629741103261/

1. Whistler Blackcomb (attraction)