Elisa
Rome

Elisa from Rome asked

What is the best beach near Valencia?

I'm 32 years old, I will travel with one of my friends.
We will spend one week in Valencia during the end of August with the base in the ciutat vella. We have tight budget, We would prefer some places to reach by public transports. We would like enjoying and meeting new friends.

Valencia (Spain)   Spain

Sarah from Alicante

Valencia has great beaches as well as the Albufera  where the rice is cultivated. You can have a boat ride before eating paella in the restaurants - one of the tourist buses goes here. Further north, there are great beaches in Castellón and Benicasim. To the south Gandia is very popular and has lovely sandy beaches as well as historic buildings. The Borgia family came from Gandia.

Elisa
The boat ride in Albufera sounds great. Can you suggest me any website where i can get prices and some other infos? Thank you very much!

Sarah
It is good fun. The tourist bus info is here http://www.valenciabusturistic.com/index.php?lang=2

1. Albufera (attraction)
  2. Castellón (attraction)
  3. Benicasim (city)
  4. Gandia (attraction)