Marta

Valencia

Things to do in Valencia for families with children

Hi everyone,

We're organising a trip to Valencia for August. A 3 day stay. We'll be travelling with two children, 10 and 12 years old. Any suggestions of activities we shouldn't miss? We're much into sightseeing and... good food. And we have a quite limited budget. If anyone has something to propose us, we'd be grateful!

Shannon from Shanghai

The mussels place I mention is bar pilar. Also, though this is the home of paella, know you can still get a lot of bad ones. Most of the best are out at the beach (though I have a favorite near the ayunamiento if I can recall the name). It's a lunch/afternoon dish so be wary if someone offers it at night.

1. bar pilar (restaurant)

Ksenia

Hey,

I think I might have a solution for you. Valencia is a great city to spend a vacation with family. There are plenty activities for children. You can visit the Túria, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, Plaça de la VergeHistorical Centre of Valencia, Puerto de Valencia Sea Port and many other things. Since you are going to be only three day, I'll recommend you to do "All in One" segway tour. In 2,5 hours you will see basicly all the main sightseeing in Valencia and won´t get exhausted by the heat:) 

If you are into typical Spanish food like tapas and paella, you should check a Spanish restaurant called Bodeguilla del Gato. It is my favorite!

Don´t hesitate to ask me any questions. 

Have a good stay in Valencia!

1. Túria (attraction)
  2. Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (attraction)
  3. Plaça de la Verge (attraction)
  4. Puerto de Valencia (attraction)
  5. Bodeguilla del Gato (restaurant)

Shannon from Shanghai

Bioparc (animal park) and the aquarium are amazing (for all ages) and the Arts and Sciences area (where the aquarium is) and Túria park is just amazing to walk around...lots of different areas and things to see (free). The beach is always great for a break too and if you love food, get a paella there. Many good spots, some have set meals which are a good deal for a lot of food.  

As food lovers, I'd also say you must check out the Mercat Central. So much beautiful, delicious food. Snack your way around for a value meal feast for the senses. You'll be in the heart of old town there so walk around the old street, see the cathedral and lburn off some energy climbing the old towers. 

Do you like mussels (cloxtinas in Valencia)? My favorite spot of all time is down the road in the Carmen district.

1. Bioparc (attraction)
  2. Túria (attraction)
  3. Mercat Central (attraction)
  4. Valencia (attraction)
  5. Carmen (attraction)