Bianca
Miami

Valdivia

Best beach in Valdivia?

I plan to touch down in Valdivia for a few days and am looking for a great beach in Valdivia. Any suggestions? I like secluded beaches more than popular ones, though I wouldn't object to a more festive beach if the crowd's good. Thanks!

Louise from Lyon

I agree that Niebla is one of the most beautiful places near Valdivia, but if you have still more time to spend there I suggest you the Caleta Chaihuín which is still more wild and a really nice place... You need to take the boat (like 10 minutes) between Niebla and Corral

and then take a bus (you have to look for the schedules because there's very few) or hitchhike (which is really the best way to join Chaihuin). Then you have like 30 minutes (the view from the road is awsome) and then you can enjoy the beach the entire day! 

1. Niebla (neighborhood)
  2. Caleta Chaihuín (neighborhood)
  3. Corral (city)

Guillermo from Valdivia, Chile

If you are lucky enough to find yourself in a sunny day, Valdivia's closest beaches are located in an area called "niebla" which is about 30 minutes away by car. From all of the beaches, the most secluded one I'd say is "Playa de los Enamorados" or "lover's beach". To get there you want to drive up to "playa grande" or "main beach", park there, and then walk for about 10 minutes though the rocks that divide both beaches. Getting through is not a big deal, even though it might be the main reason for people not to visit it that much.

1. Playa de los Enamorados (attraction)

Michael from Regensburg

I recommend Curiñanco. See the picture! There is a bus going there two times a day. It departs downtown Valdivia in Alemania. The bus trip itself is fun!

1. Curiñanco (neighborhood)
  2. Alemania (attraction)

Diego from Valdivia, Chile

The whole coast of Valdivia is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Of course there are beaches that are more popular than others, that is the case of the beach "Playa Grande" in Niebla, in summer many people visit that beach, and somtimes finding a spot is very difficult but no impossible, then you have the beaches that are not very popular but they are very beautiful, "San Ignacio", "Calfuco", "Curiñanco" and "Pilolcura" of this beaches i recommend the last two, close to the beach of Curiñanco you will find the "Reserva Punta Curiñanco" a very good place to visit, and in Pilolcura the farthest beach of the city you will find a quiet place to stay a few days.

Pilolcura

1. Niebla (neighborhood)
  2. Calfuco (neighborhood)
  3. Curiñanco (neighborhood)

Felipe from Valdivia

Bianca,

I agree with Louise! Chaihuín is really beautiful

But i also recommend the dunes of Colun. They are a bit south of chaihuín and there are also 2 beautiful shaped lakes with their banks covered by endemic southern nothofagus forests!

1. Colun (attraction)

Felipe from Valdivia

Hello Bianca!

First of all you should know that we have in the coast of Valdivia the Humoldtstream, it means that the water is really cold! 14 C in summer. 

A good beach is the Playa Rosada, it is 30 minutes with the bus from Valdivia, you can take the bus in downtown valdivia. Another beach is the Niebla - Sector Playa Grande de niebla, you can get there by taking the "20" orangebus in downtown valdivia.

Greetings!

1. Playa Rosada (attraction)
  2. Niebla - Sector Playa Grande (attraction)