Kelley
Richmond, Virginia

Kelley from Richmond, Virginia asked

Can you book a Salar de Uyuni tour the day before?

I'm trying to save some money by booking my Salar de Uyuni tour while I'm in Uyuni. However, I wouldn't have much flexibility. Is it pretty easy to book a 3 day tour the day before it starts in March?

Uyuni (Bolivia)   Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosí, Bolivia (Bolivia)

Rod

Yes you can. We did in July last year. In fact it is better to do so that way as the prices are so different (lower) than those charged via web bookings. DO take plenty of warm clothing. DO take sun block. DO take strong sunglasses. DO take very strong shoes and if you are at all affected by altitude then take the appropriate tablets. Do not expect luxury hotels or fantastic food. You can sleep pretty comfortably on a salt bed and the food is filling if not particularly appetising. A sleeping bag (if you have room in your luggage) would be a bonus. Do expect to be cramped in a Land Cruiser (or equivalent) There were four of us together and it was pretty tight!