Lise
Huntsville

Utah

New adventure

I'm planning a trip with my best friend in the near future to Utah so this would be a girls trip . I usually travel out of the country but now want to visit part of the U.S. Have always heard how beautiful Utah was and had heard the 4 corners is a must see. I would like to know the best places to visit for the beauty as I am an avid photographer. I would be renting a car once we flew in. This would be at least a weeks trip so want to see as much as possible. Can you visit the Mormon church and hear the choir? What is the best time to visit to avoid crowds and have good weather? Any input wold be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have not been to the area in a long time but I do not know that 4 corners is a must see.

Jerry from Edmonton
If you are going to the mormon temple look up the choir and organ practice, each week you can see them in the old temple.  Arrive early because it fills up fast.  We have gone twice and spent a half a day each time, go in the morning, take the tour and lineup early.  We like September because of the peach festival.  You could go up to Park city and sundance film festival sites for great scenery.  We did a day trip a 5 hr drive from Salt Lake to arches park, well worth it to see but I would recommend a week just for Arches and the other southern parks.  You can not go wrong either way.  The 4 corners would be at the bottom of my list and I am a geography nerd.

Stanley from Butte
I'm assuming you're going during the ideal time, which is late Spring, Summer, or early Fall. Peak season is basically May 1 to September 30. For photography, you want to arrive early or stay late to get the best lighting. Get a sunrise shot of Bryce Canyon National Park.
You definitely want to capture the stone arches in Arches National Park.
Since you have time, go to the Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park. If you can camp overnight, you can get some great shots of the stars at night.
Another stop would be Dead Horse Point State Park. Since you have a rental car and a friend with you, keep your eyes open for any interesting stops on the road between parks.
A few other places: Valley of the GodsGlen Canyon National Recreation Area, or Mineral Bottom. There are endless places to explore with amazing photo opportunities everywhere. Have fun!

1. Bryce Canyon National Park (park)
  2. Arches National Park (park)
  3. Canyonlands National Park (park)
  4. Dead Horse Point State Park (attraction)
  5. Valley of the Gods (attraction)
  6. Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (attraction)
  7. Mineral Bottom (attraction)