Fleur

United States

Where to go on the East Coast of the United States?

I would like to know where to go on the East Coast of the United States.  What are the best places to visit?

Megan from Huntington Beach, California

I really enjoyed Washington, DC, although not on the actual coast. There are loads of museums and monuments and great night life, and easy to take a day trip into the surrounding areas, including Baltimore and Annapolis if you'd like.

1. Washington, DC (city)
  2. Baltimore (attraction)
  3. Annapolis (city)

If you are wanting the big cities, I think Boston is definitely the most unique of the large cities.  It has a great waterfront, great food (especially Italian), great history and great local feel.  You can do great tourist stuff too, like Faneuil Hall, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum and if the season is right-Fenway Park.  If you are into US history, there is a line painted right on the streets/sidewalks for you to follow on the Freedom Trail.

If you are wanting to get a little further south and a bit more off the beaten path, you cannot beat Savannah and Charleston.  Fantastic southern hospitality and completely unique places to visit.  Charleston is one of my favorite places in the US!

1. Boston (city)
  2. Faneuil Hall (attraction)
  3. John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum (attraction)
  4. Fenway Park (attraction)
  5. Freedom Trail (attraction)
  6. Savannah (city)
  7. Charleston (city)