Susan
Milwaukee

United States

Good place for my husband and I to go for a long weekend at the end of July

My husband and I love to travel but can't think of a good place to go for a long weekend at the end of July.  Since we won't be with our kids, we would like to splurge a bit.

Gerry from Boston

Boston, great time of the year to visit, plus only about an hour drive to New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, or Rhode Island!!!

1. Boston (city)
  2. New Hampshire (attraction)
  3. Maine (state)
  4. Vermont (attraction)
  5. Connecticut (attraction)
  6. Rhode Island (attraction)

Carolann from Around The World

One thought is the Florida Keys. It's low-season and even though it's in July, it's not too unbearably hot (at least we didn't find it so).

We had an amazing time driving down the keys in one afternoon and settling in Key West or a few nights. A beautiful island, relaxing during low-season and so much to do and see.

Here's our '5 things you must do when traveling to the Keys": http://onemoderncouple.com/5-things-you-have-to-do-when-travelling-to-the-keys/

Another idea is a trip up to Canada. I know you have listed this as US and perhaps you aren't interested in leaving the country or don't have passports BUT Toronto, Montreal or New Brunswick is a great place to go even for a long weekend.  We went to New Brunswick as a long weekend road trip and travelled around but there is so much to see even just based out of Moncton.

If you want some ideas for where to go while there wrote about it in two posts, the first being:http://onemoderncouple.com/a-weekend-in-new-brunswick-part-one/ - which links to the second.

1. Florida Keys (attraction)
  2. Canada (attraction)
  3. Toronto (city)
  4. Montreal (city)
  5. New Brunswick (city)
  6. Moncton (attraction)