Steph
Boston

United Kingdom, Dublin, London

What's the best way to travel from Dublin to London?

I'm planning a multi-city trip in late May/early June and I'm wondering what the best way is to travel between these two cities. "Best" includes price as well as experience and time. I know flying would be much shorter but would the scenery/price difference between doing a train+ferry be worth it? 

Ben from Venice Beach

Dublin to London?  You absolutely must fly.  Train/Ferry will be three times the price.  Look to EasyJet or Aer Lingus.

Sarah from London

http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm#.Utj9TbsS5UM

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/SailRail/

Sail/rail can be the cheap but not the fastest, though if you have the time, its a really nice journey. But don't book the sail and rail options separately or through the trainline sites or else it is expensive. 

I booked the day before for 42 pounds and then flew back to london. Would definitely do it that way again. 

noreen

Fly..have you arranged accommodation?

Gabriella from Netherlands

Definitely by airplane! Check out cheap flights beforehand. You might find that Ryanair is slightly cheaper than AerLingus - I can tell you from years of experience that it may not be by the time you finish your booking, they keep adding extras to the price, whereas AerLingus is more straightforward. Be careful with that!

Mary Margaret from Bronx

I've done ferry & it's nice but if you have time considerations....Fly ! check Aer Lingus & or Ryan , mind your baggage wt !!!! carryons included( hand bags as well)

Mackenzie from Maryland

About two years ago I went to England and decided to spend a day in Paris. We took the train and it was a great experience. It didn't take long but it is somewhat on the pricy side (roughly $100 per person). Im not sure if they offer train rides from Dublin to London, but I would look into it.