Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup


United Kingdom, France, United States

Best converter/adapter for taking American electronics to the UK and France

What is the best converter/adapter for taking American electronics to the UK and France? I've tried two - one fried my flat iron and the other wasn't powerful enough to charge our phones and tablets. Thanks!

2 Answers

answered by

Your mobile electronics will most likely be able to use 220 volts. Check the label on the device. All my mobile phones and PC can plug right into the 220v, but you need a cheap plug adapter (not a voltage converter) that costs about $1. For your hair dryers or curling irons that heat up, you need a pretty heavy duty voltage converter. Better to buy a European model dryer or curler once you get over there, it will be cheaper than an voltage converter and work better.

2 thanks

answered first by

Hi Abbi 

thats a tough one! I wouldn't pack an iron or hair dryer, buy a cheapie locally (UK will be cheapest) and don't forget to get a UK/EU adaptor ( different plug

shapes but the same 220/240 voltage) You shouldn't need any sort of voltage adapter for most smartphones/tablets definitely not for iPhones/ipads.

2 thanks

© 2020   ·   View: Full | Mobile
Follow us:      
Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms