Asan

Unexpected cancelation travel stories?

Did you have to cancel a pre-arranged trip? Would like to hear your stories.

I planned to fly to Java from Kuala Lumpur. At the check-in desk in KLIA2 airport, I was informed that a Visa was required to go there. Hence we had to cancel everything. We went to Air Asia ticket box and asked to a lady 2 tickets for "anywhere" in Malaysia. The ticket box lady gave me 2 tickets to Kota Bharu which I had not heard in my life. The place is absolutely amazing.

Ross from Fort Collins

My family paid for an all inclusive trip in Mexico and 1 week before we flew out a hurricane hit our resort and demolished it! Needles to say we didn't go on that trip.

Heather from Goshen

My husband and I were checked in at the airport ready to board our flight when we got the call that my sister-in-law had passed away. We had booked thru Expedia and they refunded us our complete cost and the airline at the airport got our luggage to us before we left and credited our account. Both parties were so kind and easy to refund once they heard our circumstance!!

Emma from England

I had booked a trip to Thailand in Sept 2012. We were planning to visit Bangkok and Hua Hin. 2 days prior to departure I was diagnosed with a rare Cancer so we had to cancel. I received a refund from my travel insurance but obviously couldn't travel for a while.  My partner and I booked a secluded lodge with a private hot tub and spent three days of bliss before my treatment started.

1. Thailand (country)
  3. Hua Hin (city)

I once had to cancel a trip to India because the indian embassy were not able to process a visa for me in less than 10 working days and I did not have that much time to spare.

So I went to Sri Lanka instead as they could give me a visa on arrival.

1. India (country)
  2. Sri Lanka (country)