Kemal
Montreal

Ukraine

Secret gems to see and do in Ukraine

Like my headline ... I want to discover the hidden beauties of Ukraine, that only locals know about. Help me discover.

Maks from Ukraine

Hello Kemal! It's nice to hear that you are interested in Ukraine :) 

Here are some interesting places you might want to visit while you are in Ukraine (just google it for more info)

The Kiev Pechersk Lavra ( if you want to visit the most popular religeous place in Ukraine - that's where you go)

- Kiev Center - Кreshtatik (just be aware that at this moment of time huge strikes are taking place in Kiev. People are friendly, though. Just don't bring the flag of Party of Regions with you and try not to wear white-blue closes). 

Swallow's Nest ( it's one of my favourite places in Crimea. Beautiful views!). 

- Chernobyl (how about some extrime? The so called "dead city" that was evacuated due to the nuclear accident at Chernobyl plant. The city is safe for visiting, but it's empty and no one leaves there...)

Vorontsov Palace (beautiful place!)

- Marble caves in Crimea (stunning place! here is a little video I've just found - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpqbq_JFJJo)

Massandra Palace and Massandra Winery

Hope you enjoy your stay in Ukraine! 

1. The Kiev Pechersk Lavra (attraction)
  2. Swallow's Nest (neighborhood)
  3. Chernobyl (attraction)
  4. Vorontsov Palace (attraction)
  5. Massandra Palace (attraction)
  6. Massandra Winery (attraction)
  7. Kiev (city)