Valerie

Valerie from Los Angeles asked

What is your favorite restaurant in Udine?

Heading to Udine and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Udine

Rachel from Udine

In the center of town I like Antica Trattoria Maddalena - the food is good, servers are friendly and the interior is charming. Just outside of town Agli Amici Dal 1887 is a very good, if a bit pretentious, restaurant with two Michelin stars. If you're willing to go just a bit further, Locanda Al Castello Di Buttrio S.A.S. Di Alessandra Felluga & C. can't be beat when the weather is good. There is a beautiful terrace where you can enjoy a lovely meal overlooking the castle's own vineyards and the surrounding landscape. Gelato at OGGI is a must (try "Pulcinella" - orange, ricotta and dark chocolate).