Joni
New Delhi, India

Joni from New Delhi, India asked

Where can I go shopping in Udaipur?

Hi All,

I have a few days in Rajasthan in November. I've travelled there many times before, but want to focus on some great shopping in Udaipur this time. Specifically textiles and semi-precious jewellery. Possibly even small items of furniture. Suggestions on where I should go which won't rip me off too badly?

Udaipur (India)

Nishta from New Delhi

Udaipur is known for its handicrafts, jewellry, antique peices, and some really cool rajasthani dresses and fabrics. Can try HathiPolemarket. You'll find all of it there, Avoid on Sundays as it is closed.

1. Udaipur (city)
  2. HathiPole (attraction)
Arpit from Jaipur, Rajasthan

There is a market near City Palace which you can visit for shopping as it is the only place for all the things mentioned. Another option is that there is a mall name The Celebration Mall Udaipur in Udaipur, there is a shop for furniture at the top floor, you can buy some from there. 

Also for all those things, Jaipur will be the better place

1. City Palace (attraction)
  2. The Celebration Mall Udaipur (attraction)