Jaclyn
Angelika Film Center & Cafe

Tuscany, Florence

Renting a Villa in Tuscany

Hi there!

Anyone have any suggestions for an amazing Villa that sleeps 6 people? Alternatively, where do you love to rent a villa? Florence is my favorite city in the world, so part of me wants to rent within a short drive or train to there so we can make easy day trips, but I do love Val D'Orcia and those views...

We will be flying in and out of Milan. 

Thank you! 

Jenifer from Berlin

I was lucky enough to stay at Villa La Selva for a month in the spring and what an amazing experience! La Selva is owned and operated by the Cioncolini Family with their son Francesco being the main one to handle the affairs. The villa has 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, a huge dining area, outdoor dining area, pool, and one forno inside and one forno outside. We used the outside forno to have a pizza making contest which was so much fun! Below is a pic of Chef Maria putting a bunch of lasagnas in the outdoor forno. 

Francesco coordinated all sorts of activities for us including day trips to area wineries, castle tours, walking tour of Florence. You dream it up and Francesco can make it happen! They also have a chef that has been working with the family for decades, who can prepare meals for your guests, or host cooking classes. We learned how to make fresh ravioli and rustic lasagna in two separate cooking classes with Chef Maria. 

La Selva is located just 10 mins driving from Montevarchi, and just under an hour from Florence. There is a local train station that will get you on the trains to anywhere in the region. It really is a well located villa. Close enough to the action, but far enough away that you feel secluded in the rolling hills of Tuscany. 

Francesco and I are still friends today! We actually met up in Hong Kong just a few weeks ago. He's great! If you contact them for availability, tell him I sent you! 

1. Montevarchi (city)

Liv from Cape Cod

There’s a villa called La Blanche that you can rent through Abercrombie and Kent that is unimaginably beautiful. It’s actually modern which isn’t usually my favorite look but wow, is it gorgeous. It’s located in Luccawhich is a gorgeous little Tuscan town that looks a lot like Siena if you’ve ever been there. Here’s the link to the rental page:http://www.akvillas.com/luxury-villas-italy/luxury-villas-tuscany/la-blanche.cfm

For Florence (which is actually my favorite part of Tuscany), use this company:
http://www.palazzoantellesiflorence.com/apartments/

Their apartments are GORGEOUS and they’re in the Santa Crocearea which I wasn’t sure about at first but it turned out to be a perfect location—not too central and not too far away. I’m almost positive all their apartments are in the same general area. We loved it because we’re big on flea markets and the Mercato Delle Pulci was right nearby so we went every morning it was open. By the time we left all the vendors knew us.

I know they also have apartments in Siena—if you haven’t been there do NOT miss it! Beautiful isn’t even the word for that town. 

1. Lucca (city)
  2. Santa Croce (attraction)
  3. Mercato Delle Pulci (attraction)
  4. Siena (attraction)

Ely from Portoferraio

Have a look at Palazzo Mimbelli http://www.palazzomimbelli.it/, really close to Florence, Lucca and Pisa too!

2. Lucca (city)
  3. Pisa (city)

Alyssa from Tallahassee

I have been very fortunate to rent a number of different apartment-type places through VRBO.com and have had a great experience. You can even select Property Type Villa under the All Filters button and search in a map view. It looks like there are quite a few within reasonable distance to Florence and Tuscany :) I hope this helps!!

2. Tuscany (state)

alessandro from Asciano

Ciao

we can suggest this one, I don't know the avaibilities, is near the Crete Senesiarea

Take a look here www.fornacedelmolinello.com

Have a nice time in Italy

regards

alessandro draghi

molinello

1. Crete Senesi (attraction)