Jane asked

Points of interest from Tucson to Glacier NP

Drive from Tucson, AZ to Glacier NP. Attractions and scenic spots we should see. Any notable restaurants with food of the region

Tucson (Arizona) Glacier National Park (Montana)

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania
Hi Jane. Of course I have to recommend Sedona but coming from Tucson you probably already know about it. I don't know if you plan to go through Wyoming (Grand Tetons, Yellowstone) on your way to Montana, but if you do, Jackson (Wyoming) has some fabulous restaurants. We at at Cafe Genevieve which was a special treat, just off the main town square. When you're in the northern Rockies, you'll have the opportunity to sample lots of local foods including fresh trout, bison, elk and smoked duck. I'd also recommend a stop at the National Museum of Wildlife Art or a meal (and if you can afford it, an overnight stay) at Jackson Lake Lodge The views are incredible! There's good food at Lake Yellowstone Hotel and the Old Faithful Inn but there are sure to be throngs of people there in the summer. These are Xanterra-run properties so you can have similar experiences at Lake McDonald Lodge or Many Glacier Lodge inside Glacier N.P. Those were some of the BEST meals I had that trip. Missoula was a cool town and probably has great local restaurants, but I can't recommend the place we ate at (restaurant at the DoubleTree on the river – avoid it at all costs!) If you drive around Flathead Lake, stop at Mission Mountain Winery for a tasting – the people there are very nice and friendly, and you can buy a few bottles for your time in Glacier.