Kip
Iowa City

Tucson, Sedona, Phoenix, Saguaro National Park

Want to know where I should take my 18 yr old daughter while in Tucson

My daughter just graduated from high school and I am taking her to see her Grandfather in Tucson. We will be there for 10 days. I have been there before and know to take her to Sabino Canyon... also, I am in the military so will take her to Davis-Monthan AFB to check out the air museum. Any place else an 18 y/o would find interesting in Tucson/Phoenix. I am thinking of taking her to Sedona. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jacob from Flagstaff, Arizona

Reid Park Zoo is a great little zoo, and a super cute baby elephant was just born there. Perhaps take in a hike Sabino Canyoncanyon to get a taste of the desert scenery.

1. Reid Park Zoo (attraction)
  2. Sabino Canyon (attraction)

Mike from North Carolina

Hike to the top of Picacho Peak. It'll only take an afternoon and the views are fantastic!

1. Picacho Peak (attraction)

Barbara

go check out the Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium. it itself is cool with planetarium shows. on certain nights there is

a free 16" telescope with grad students to show stuff to you. . 16 " is big esp if you've never looked thru a scope before, or even if u have.

The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is fantastic. The  Reid Park Zoo is good, but, it's just a zoo like anyother good zoo.  Go to Bisbee!!!!! closer than Sedona. does she hike? Go to Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness and hike. This is free but takes some advance planning. Totally worthwhile.

1. Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium (attraction)
  2. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (attraction)
  3. Reid Park Zoo (attraction)
  4. Bisbee (city)
  5. Sedona (city)
  6. Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness (attraction)

D from Tucson

A Must See in Tucson is the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum located at 2021 N. Kinney Rd. Tucson, AZ 85743

The quintessential Sonoran Desert experience…an unforgettable fusion zoo, botanical garden, natural history museum, aquarium and art gallery. Enjoy miles of walking trails. Highlights include the hummingbird aviary, Warden Aquarium and Earth Sciences Center where visitors descend into a replica limestone cave to discover the geologic forces that created the Sonoran Desert landscape. Escape the heat and enjoy the cool summer nights at the museum. The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is open daily year-round.

1. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum (attraction)